baumer

Thurs Numbers STID 11.4 GG 3.4 IM3 3.3

Nolan was a cheap no-name when he was hired to direct Batman Begins

Also, Zack Snyder is not exactly known for his critically praised or box office juggernaut films.Leatherface, I'd dare to say that whatever STiD is, it isn't less formulaic than your average blockbuster film. IM3 is more than a worthy 3rd chapter in IM's series or the next thing after The Avengers. Regardless if it's loved or hated, IM3 was a film that went beyond what you usually expect in a comic book film. That's why it's worthy every pennie it does.

I too am OUTRAGED that they made a movie 6 year olds can enjoy. How? Dare? They? Genre movies should only be enjoyed by males aged 14-30 :rofl:  :wub:

I too was insulted when they dumbed down the dialogue for the 6 year olds. "Mewling quim" is a term that only 6 year olds use on the playground. They could have atleast tried to throw in some adult words.

• Like 3

So they actually separated the sneaks from Thursdays gross?

Guess so, it'll make the Friday bump seem even bigger (and you know they'll be throwing the Friday bump in headlines everywhere, since it should be well over 100%)

I'm not even a fan but I don't understand the dislike that Cumberbatch gets in some of the Star Trek threads.

It isn`t a dislike. We mock his fans for drilling us for the past few months that he is God`s gift to acting, boxoffice,etc. They were saying that STiD would open huge, clobber IM3 and CF,etc because GA is going to be blown away by "shall we begin?" Lector-ing in trailers and it`s absolutely brilliant that he`s the focus of marketing and not ST crew because eevryone in the world adores Sherlock. So we are having a field day with this :rofl: number.

I too was insulted when they dumbed down the dialogue for the 6 year olds. "Mewling quim" is a term that only 6 year olds use on the playground. They could have atleast tried to throw in some adult words.

Im 19 and i had never heard "mewling quim" until Loki said it and I still dont know what it means. I doubt that.

Edited by jandrew
  • Like 3

Does anybody remember what the BTC prediction was(posted last night)  for the 4 day? I kind of remember it being around 84m but I can't remember the breakdown.

So was that 11m for the whole day? I wasn't even aware it was opening early, so I'll wait to pass judgement. Could be that most people outside of Trekkies were unaware of the early release.Regardless, 11m OD for a sequel coming off a well-received reboot is underwhelming.

God forbid they make a smart movie as opposed to one so dumbed-down that six year olds can follow it.

So you consider Star Trek and Star Trek Into Darkness "smart" movies? Good grief... And, when I say good grief, I enjoyed the hell out of Star Trek and like Into Darkness as well. I'd hardly consider either of 'em of "smart" films though.

Does anybody remember what the BTC prediction was(posted last night)  for the 4 day? I kind of remember it being around 84m but I can't remember the breakdown.

There you go E

BTC 2PM Update TREK2 85 4 Day (14/28.5/26/16.5) Matinee details inside

Current Matinee gross: $2,516,209

-41% below TREK1

-69% below IRMN2

+27% above THOR1

473% above GIJO2

So you consider Star Trek and Star Trek Into Darkness "smart" movies? Good grief... And, when I say good grief, I enjoyed the hell out of Star Trek and like Into Darkness as well. I'd hardly consider either of 'em of "smart" films though.

Smart compared to The Avengers specifically and Marvel's output in general, which is what we're talking about.

Edited by Leatherface

Im 19 and i had never heard "mewling quim" until Lokie said it and I still dont know what it means. I doubt that.

I was being sarcastic.

But I can tell you what a mewling quim is (I looked it up because I had to know). It means:

feebly whimpering vagina

• Like 1

Smart compared to The Avengers, which is what we're talking about.

So smarter than The Avengers but not really smart movies. Arguably not as smart as Black's overstuffed Iron Man 3... Lots of qualifiers here. I'm sorry Trek 2 isn't making the cash you want it to. Also, sorry Marvel's Avengers and Iron Man 3 killed at the box office given it pains you so damn much. Maybe Trek 2 will have unexpected legs and incrementally tally a grand total D/OS/WW... I hope it does. I like people crowding theaters regardless of the film.