theultimatebiu

WKND BO: #StarTrek $70.6M/$84.1M, IronMan3 $35.2M/$337.1M, Gatsby $23.4M/$90.2M

I originally had $83m for the 3-day before I raised it to $86-ish. (Of course, I completely screwed thepooch for Thursday).

I liked this post only because it hurts. I went so high on Thursday I must have been high.

• Like 1

Seriously fought with my whole family and my local Trek group, about the date change when it was first announced. No one believed me. By the time they did (about Monday) they already booked there group for Friday.In fact at the midnight I didn't see one other member of my local trek/ comic/ scotia group. That's over 100 people who most should have been there. I know a few went out of town for the IMAX special but just a few.I knew soon as I got to the midnight that based just on the diehards in my town it wasn't going to hit until Friday.

Because the date change came late. Many people thought it's coming out on Friday. 150% increase is happening if the evening shows are selling well it can come close to 200%,

Well, okay then. If you say so  :)

• Like 1

I think there are two big things holding back its opening:

1. They waited too long. Last year would have been the perfect time to release a new Star Trek film (or even 2011).

2. The marketing focused mainly on Cumberbatch and barely on what made the first film (and series as a whole) so well-liked: the crew of the Enterprise.