theultimatebiu

WKND BO: #StarTrek $70.6M/$84.1M, IronMan3 $35.2M/$337.1M, Gatsby $23.4M/$90.2M

Sorry, I couldn't get the words on that meme jandrew....

You asked him to join your club.

That's the scene in Empire when Vader tells Han and Leia that he would  BE HONORED IF YOU WOULD JOIN US.

• Like 4

I sill have my doubts about After Earth. If the story focuses too much on the kid and not Will Smith, WOM might suffer.MOS will be more of a threat to IM3 since they have the same audience.

I don't think anybody is expecting AE to be a $200M blockbuster, but it'll almost certainly be a decent-sized hit and take some audience (and some screens) away from other movies.

As for MOS, by the time that comes out, IM3 is either going to be at $400M or it'll be short. What will IM3 be at by then? Maybe a $2 million weekend max?

• Like 1

If DH2 opened $5m less than IM3 and had a 72% second weekend drop and managed to get to $381m, then IM3 is definitely going to hit $400m. Especially with Memorial Day weekend.

If DH2 opened $5m less than IM3 and had a 72% second weekend drop and managed to get to $381m, then IM3 is definitely going to hit $400m. Especially with Memorial Day weekend.

DH2 had summer weekdays but your point is still valid, no way IM3 misses 400m.

Yes, it will get an epic punch from Torreto and will be raped by Mr. Chow. Even if you're Tony Stark I don't know how you keep standing straight after that...

Are you talking about IM3 or STID?

Why would one have significantly worse legs than the other if they're facing the exact same competition throughout the rest of May and June?

Are you talking about IM3 or STID? Why would one have significantly worse legs than the other if they're facing the exact same competition throughout the rest of May and June?

2nd weekend drops are typically bigger than 3rd or 4th.

Are you talking about IM3 or STID?

Why would one have significantly worse legs than the other if they're facing the exact same competition throughout the rest of May and June?

I think the assumption is that IM3 is massively more frontloaded, given its OW.

Baumer laughed at me last weekend when I said I don't see how IM3 reaches 400M.It will hit possibly 35M this weekend. It may hit about 12M in dailies this upcoming week. It will probably make the same Memorial Day (35M -4 day) weekend.That leaves about 18M left to make in June. Could be done but there's a shit load of movies ahead.

Edited by iTz ED