theultimatebiu

WKND BO: #StarTrek $70.6M/$84.1M, IronMan3 $35.2M/$337.1M, Gatsby $23.4M/$90.2M

Fast won't flop, the momentum is there.

It doesn't matter if it actually flops, if the Friday number ain't beautiful then the Floppers will come out to crown it with a dunce cap, deserving or no.

It doesn't matter if it actually flops, if the Friday number ain't beautiful then the Floppers will come out to crown it with a dunce cap, deserving or no.

BTC has it at 90 M 4-day which is kinda worrisome since this is a frontloaded franchise.

Fast Five had a 34.4 OD in 2011. People are now divebombing onto the F&F6 train but if its OD doesn't go much higher you'll have some Chicken Littles screaming flop and jumping off quickly.

• Like 1

Pretty harsh drop considering the shitty weekday numbers. I figured the bad weekday numbers would help inflate the weekend like it did last week. But looks like ST2 hurt it.

Expected to have some impact. It wasn't going to go unscathed.

I expect MoS to underperform like Trek. Don't see it crossing 300M+, more like 250M.....

MOS will have the novelty and cool factor Trek 2 was desperately missing which should push MOS far beyond Superman Returns in ticket sales.

300 m is very much in play.

• Like 1

Pretty harsh drop considering the shitty weekday numbers. I figured the bad weekday numbers would help inflate the weekend like it did last week. But looks like ST2 hurt it.

It's not that harsh at all. The weekend was inflated pretty damn good from the shitty weekday numbers.

Edited by Jay Beezy

51% drop in the third weekend is harsh unless you think the movie has poor WOM.

But to go from 3.3 on Thursday to 9.5 on Friday to 15M+ on Saturday is far from harsh. Given all the alleged hype for Trek, it should have done a lot more damage to IM3.

Edited by Jay Beezy

I'm holding out hope for 200m, I think it could still hit it, but not much more than that. Still can't believe I'm saying that though. 200M? The fuck? Definitely the most disappointing opening of the year so far.