baumer

Tuesday Numbers stid 6.8-9, IM3 2.8, TGG 2.8

People loved the avengers that's what I'm attributing it to

I dunno. It's just performing so weirdly. It's literally falling off a cliff on weekdays only to climb back up on weekends. I really don't see why this would perform like a family movie.

I dunno. It's just performing so weirdly. It's literally falling off a cliff on weekdays only to climb back up on weekends. I really don't see why this would perform like a family movie.

Since Avengers was one, people are now considering these movies as such.

Maybe people don't really care being alone watching STID and TGG but prefer going in couple, family or small groups for IM3, hence they will wait the weekend that everyone is available to do so.

TGG is more women oriented, STID is more young male oriented while IM3 is a compromise and could attract couples, families, groups of both genders with or without kids.

Edited by Ent
  • Like 1

Since Avengers was one, people are now considering these movies as such.

Yep. Think (some) folks around here are underestimating just how much of a family movie Avengers played as, and all those kids that saw Avengers wanna see Iron Man.

• Like 1

Yep. Think (some) folks around here are underestimating just how much of a family movie Avengers played as, and all those kids that saw Avengers wanna see Iron Man.

The film made 103 million in its 2nd weekend 55 in its 3rd and 47 in its 4th weekend...TA made 400 million after opening weekend and it mostly due to families checking the film out after opening weekend. Edited by Lordmandeep

This week it hasn't fallen off the cliff. Number is perfectly fine with other Marvel May opener. Also, 27% of OW was made up of families compared to 10% for TA. Clearly it's a family movie, Friday/Saturday jumps prove that. I attribute all of that to TA as it made Marvel accessible to families. 

I have a question: TA's 4-day MD weekend drop, is that a normal drop? Or is it an outlier? Like what's the smallest drop for a blockbuster on MD weekend?

Marvel is the best thing that happened to the movies. Those guys are true stars.

Stan Lee is the best thing that happened to the WORLD! May he live another 100 years for the enjoyment of future generations to come and may he have a million movie cameos!  :wub:  :wub:  :wub:

we cna make fun of "stunning upset for the ages" but TGG is a bone fide stunning upset for the ages considering it`s doing really great against all odds.

IM3 is behaving like a family movie becuase...haven`t you guys seen it? It`s a movie about fulfilling Xmas wishes including one kid`s wish. You can`t get more family oriented than Xmas-theme.

• Like 2

we cna make fun of "stunning upset for the ages" but TGG is a bone fide stunning upset for the ages considering it`s doing really great against all odds.

IM3 is behaving like a family movie becuase...haven`t you guys seen it? It`s a movie about fulfilling Xmas wishes including one kid`s wish. You can`t get more family oriented than Xmas-theme.

True it definitely helps. This got a ton of laughs in the viewings I've been to

Posted Image

• Like 2

I have a question: TA's 4-day MD weekend drop, is that a normal drop? Or is it an outlier? Like what's the smallest drop for a blockbuster on MD weekend?

Since 2007....

SM3 dropped 51% 3-day/38% 4-day

IM1 dropped 36% 3-day/18% 4-day

Wolverine dropped 45% 3-day/33% 4-day

IM2 dropped 38% 3-day/20% 4-day

Thor dropped 38% 3-day/22% 4-day

Avengers dropped 34% 3-day/15% 4-day

The four Avengers movies were pretty consistent, though TA had the softer drop

• Like 1

Since 2007....SM3 dropped 51% 3-day/38% 4-dayIM1 dropped 36% 3-day/18% 4-dayWolverine dropped 45% 3-day/33% 4-dayIM2 dropped 38% 3-day/20% 4-dayThor dropped 38% 3-day/22% 4-dayAvengers dropped 34% 3-day/15% 4-dayThe four Avengers movies were pretty consistent, though TA had the softer drop

Ah, I see. Thanks Chewy :)I'd hoped for a Thor drop for IM3, but that's quite optimistic given all the competitions. Maybe closer to Wolverine drops.

Comingsoon.net's 4 day weekend predictionThis Week's Predictions -(All predictions are for the four-day weekend)1. Fast & Furious 6 (Universal) - $98.6 million N/A2. The Hangover Part III (Warner Bros.) - $77.5 million N/A3. Star Trek Into Darkness (Paramount) - $42.3 million -40%4. Epic (20th Century Fox) - $37.8 million N/A5. Iron Man 3 (Marvel Studios/Disney) - $23.3 million -35%6. The Great Gatbsy (Warner Bros.) - $14.5 million -39% 7. Pain & Gain (Paramount) - $2 million -38%8. 42 (Warner Bros.) - $1.9 million -33%9. The Croods (DreamWorks Animation/20th Century Fox) - $1.8 million -40%10. Oblivion (Universal) - $1.3 million -41%

Maybe people don't really care being alone watching STID and TGG but prefer going in couple, family or small groups for IM3, hence they will wait the weekend that everyone is available to do so.

TGG is more women oriented, STID is more young male oriented while IM3 is a compromise and could attract couples, families, groups of both genders with or without kids.

I can totally see that. I went with my girlfriend in the first weekend and now we're going to bring our goddaughter to watch it since IM3 has been just released here last weekend.