druv10

Wednesday: Hangover 3 ($3.1m Wed+Thu sneaks), STID 5.3M, TGG 2.3M, IM3 2.2M

FF6 now has a clear path to break out. Flopover + STID falling like a rock during the weekdays (I don`t see why it would be a big weekend player since it doesn`t appeal to young and families).

Edited by fishnets

Here in Canada theaters are smart and have more shhowtimes for fast six

I just picked a random city, and typed in Boise, ID into fandango. For Saturday, it looks like STID has twice as many showtimes as F&F6. That's insane!

• Founder / Operator

FF6 now has a clear path to break out. Flopover + STID falling like a rock during the weekdays (I don`t see why it would be a big weekend player since it doesn`t appeal to young and families).

STID hasn't fallen like a rock during weekdays. It's actually had solid holds.

• Like 2

• Founder / Operator

Because Victoria Day inflated Monday.

Not by any significant margin. If it did, drops for the past two days would have shown it. Film may have opened under expectations, but it's some serious spin to say its "dropping like a rock". I'm not sure that's even spin... it's just not correct.

• Like 1

its going to be a tough race

Posted Image

FAST & FURIOUS 6 and THE HANGOVER PART III will be battling it out for moviegoer attention this Memorial Day Weekend, according to Fandango, the nation's leading moviegoer destination. The company released this week's Fanticipation results, which charts movie fan sentiment around the weekend box office line-up, showing FAST & FURIOUS 6 (with a score of 95) surging ahead of THE HANGOVER PART III (with a score of 92).

EPIC, the animated adventure from Blue Sky Studios (RIO and ICE AGE), scored an impressive 83 on Fandango's buzz meter, as it is the only new family-oriented release for the holiday weekend. Fanticipation numerical scores (on a 1-100 scale) are calculated based a proprietary analysis of Fandango's advance ticket sales, website and mobile traffic, and social media engagement.

According to a Fandango survey of more than 1,000 FAST & FURIOUS 6 ticket-buyers:
A whopping 93% would commit to seeing a FAST & FURIOUS 7 even before seeing the sixth installment in the franchise:

AST & FURIOUS 6 and THE HANGOVER PART III will be battling it out for moviegoer attention this Memorial Day Weekend, according to Fandango, the nation's leading moviegoer destination. The company released this week's Fanticipation results, which charts movie fan sentiment around the weekend box office line-up, showing FAST & FURIOUS 6 (with a score of 95) surging ahead of THE HANGOVER PART III (with a score of 92).

EPIC, the animated adventure from Blue Sky Studios (RIO and ICE AGE), scored an impressive 83 on Fandango's buzz meter, as it is the only new family-oriented release for the holiday weekend. Fanticipation numerical scores (on a 1-100 scale) are calculated based a proprietary analysis of Fandango's advance ticket sales, website and mobile traffic, and social media engagement.

According to a Fandango survey of more than 1,000 FAST & FURIOUS 6 ticket-buyers:
A whopping 93% would commit to seeing a FAST & FURIOUS 7 even before seeing the sixth installment in the franchise:

- 88% said they are planning to see FAST & FURIOUS 6 on opening weekend;
- 83% said the film's hip-hop and electronic soundtrack has increased their interest in seeing the movie;
- 72% said the return of Michelle Rodriguez's character inspired them to buy a ticket for the film.

In a separate survey of ticket-buyers for THE HANGOVER PART III, Fandango uncovered the following:

- 82% of Wolfpack fans said they plan to see the film with a group of friends
- 76% said the HANGOVER series makes them want to take a Vegas vacation
- 55% said Zach Galafianakis is the cast member they're most excited to see back on the big screen, compared to 31% for Bradley Cooper and 7% for Ed Helms.

On this week's episode of Fandango's "Weekend Ticket" video series, Chief Correspondent Dave Karger will help moviegoers with their Memorial Day Weekend movie selections by breaking down the new releases: FAST & FURIOUS 6, THE HANGOVER PART III and EPIC. The episode also features a lively interview with FAST & FURIOUS 6 star Paul Walker atop a double-decker bus during the film's premiere week in London. "Weekend Ticket" is available for view

Read more about Audiences More Eager for FAST & FURIOUS 6 than HANGOVER III - BWWMoviesWorld by 

Edited by Dragon
  • Like 1

• Founder / Operator

So that means wom is good right? Anyway seeing ST tonight, I should see in Imax 3D rathan than 3d since filmed in Imax cameras right? And I didnt care for ST09, stopped watching after 50 minutes.(not enough action). Wil I like this?

Well, it's definitely not bad. The hold this weekend will give the best indication of WOM, though the competition won't help.

Seems pretty low, Fast 5 had 3,644. I thought this would hit 3,800. 

Still, not a bad figure considering Fast 5 opened in an empty market.

• Like 1