#ED

4-Day Wknd Est: FF6 - 120M; TH3 - 51.2M; STID - 47M; Epic - 42.6M; IM3 - 24.3M; TGG - 17M

If this makes 99M for the 4-day, the word flop will be not only apply to TH3.

I think everyone here was expecting 85-100 for fast 6. I doubt they be calling it a flop. well I hope

How about Epic? Well today was the last day of school for quite a few elementariness out here. (We always seem to be one of the earliest states to get out)

Have we really gotten to where a 35M OD is considered disappointing???? :P:lol:

Come on, you're a veteran here. Just a few years ago IM2 had the 5th biggest OW of all time and people were in full meltdown mode.

How about Epic? Well today was the last day of school for quite a few elementariness out here. (We always seem to be one of the earliest states to get out)

Epic deserves to be in the thread title. It's a player this weekend for sure.

• Like 1

Well too early to figure out a number. And its way to early to figure out TH3's also.

I was right. This was in the $30m range. Still great numbers. $80M+ weekend is confirmed.

Yoh dog..

We know nothing.

Im3 had a 58 million opening day. Gatsby was around 14 million and ST was 25 million. 

I think people really underestimated Epic, it's in a fantastic slot.  The last computer animated kids movie was The Croods 2 months ago,  FF6 and TH3 don't target family audiences.  It's only real competition for families is IM3 which came out 3 weeks ago.  There isn't another animated kids movie until Monsters University in a month.  All Fox had to do was give a the regular old marketing push and it's doing fine.

• Like 1

After they projected 20M for Hangover for yesterday when WC matinees were just starting, why trust them?

BTC really dropped the ball big with THO3. Wasn't it them that go with 100M for 5day? But they were right with a lot of others, so I think they're still reliable.