#ED

Weekend Estimate #s FF6: 34.5 NYSM 27.8 AE: 27.3 TH3: 15.9

Who is the prime suspect then? The studios? 

Will Smith 's ego.

Thinking he could make his son a star because he has decided it was delusional in the first place.

Edited by The Futurist
  • Like 2

Shyamalan's own dumb ass is to blame for his downfall. He was on the top of the world after the 6th Sense/Unbreakable/Signs combo but he just had to fuck it up from there on

Edited by Jack Nevada
  • Like 3

Will Smith 's ego.

Thinking he could make his son a star because he has decided it was delusional in the first place.

That has nothing to do with it. A decent movie with Jaden as the star has already been made. Shyamalan is a director who's forgotten how to direct actors. 

Edited by tonytr87

how badly will After Earth damage Will Smith's career. Is his drawing power now come to an end as people may be more hesitant to trust him now

We'll probably see in his next movie, and how it's going to perform. Currently, it's honestly unclear whether his career is going downhill, or M Night Shyamalan was the one to destroy this movie, or the studio itself for dumping it in the last second...

how badly will After Earth damage Will Smith's career. Is his drawing power now come to an end as people may be more hesitant to trust him now

I think it hurts his creative control but not enough to slash his salary too much.

• Like 1

I gotta say, I'm all for hating on bad movies, but it's kind of sickening how people lambast the Smith family for something that many families do. 

What? Pushing their kid to doing something he's obviously doesn't enjoy?