CJohn

Puss in Boots 2: The Last Wish | December 21, 2022 | 8th Most Profitable Movie of 2022

puss in boots 2 is not be a masterpiece, but its pretty good and the first act is excellent, and fearless hero is better than your favorite anime op

Edited by interiorgatordecorator

3 hours ago, gatoconbotas said:

This should have done more than those minions movies tbh

minions 2 is pretty funny

With the reception to this film, and how it solidified how big these iconic Dreamworks characters still are in the cultural mind, I wouldn't be surprised at all to see KFP4 hit 250M or so, and Shrek 5 to out-gross Shrek 2 unadjusted.

Well, the first Puss in Boots adjusts to about $200m and the last Kung Fu Panda adjusts to about $180m. Really this is performing about on par with the past second tier DW tentpoles. If future movies get a similar critical reception to this one, perhaps some kind of bigger breakout is possible but that's more the exception than the rule within the DW canon.

54 minutes ago, AniNate said:

Well, the first Puss in Boots adjusts to about $200m and the last Kung Fu Panda adjusts to about $180m. Really this is performing about on par with the past second tier DW tentpoles. If future movies get a similar critical reception to this one, perhaps some kind of bigger breakout is possible but that's more the exception than the rule within the DW canon.

The first PiB adjusts to 172M

Coming out of lurking just to say how happy I am that PIB had such a strong, leggy run in theaters. It made me revisit BOF for the first time in a long time. It's such a good film, and a creative, fresh breath of air. Not to mention, its success is firm evidence that animation still has a home in the movie theater. If anything, I hope it encourages studios to continue to be experimental and create great stories and characters that the general audience can fall in love with.