CJohn

Puss in Boots 2: The Last Wish | December 21, 2022 | 8th Most Profitable Movie of 2022

22 hours ago, AniNate said:

This is the literal opposite of front-loaded, lol. Gonna have better legs than the original Avatar barring some sudden earth-shattering catastrophe this week. 

needs to get to 180 million first

On 6/12/2014 at 7:18 PM, AniNate said:

"The bad kitty is back! Chris Miller's PUSS IN BOOTS 2: NINE LIVES & 40 THIEVES reboots (not in that way) Nov. 2, 2018."

https://twitter.com/ERCboxoffice/status/477121996678234113

Gotta hand it to ERC, they know their puns

After seeing all the raves about the movie we ultimately got, I'll always wonder what this iteration of the movie would've entailed. Was the Netflix Puss in Boots series meant to segue into this version?

1 hour ago, BadOlCatSylvester said:

After seeing all the raves about the movie we ultimately got, I'll always wonder what this iteration of the movie would've entailed. Was the Netflix Puss in Boots series meant to segue into this version?

No apparently it would’ve been based around the story Arabian Nights.

Saw this today for great action cinematography.

Never seen any piss in boots movie but some of the lines said by characters are pretty dark for a mainstream kids cartoon film or just kids cartoon genre in general. They don't even hide it under any implications and straight up say some lines that fits in more adult films and not a movie for small kids.

On 3/15/2022 at 10:43 AM, Morieris said:

I get it's been x amt of years (What, 12). They want to keep that Bad Guys style going forward. But blending it with the style of essentially an established franchise look doesn't work for me. It looks direct to video this way.

There are good ideas here, and I'll watch it when it hits Peacock because why not, but I'm accepting modern Dreamworks isn't for me anymore*.

*Until Trolls 3 and a possible Captain Underpants 2,and if they actually adapt Ronan Doyle.

Are you laughing at me bc I was very wrong @BadOlCatSylvester because I'm laughing at myself too.

This has been such a fun film to track along with Avatar 2. I am thinking a finish around $175M-$180M for this. If this wins Best Animated Film than maybe a little bit higher. This passing the first film's adjusted for inflation gross of $172.6M would be fantastic. 

• Like 2