CJohn

Puss in Boots 2: The Last Wish | December 21, 2022 | 8th Most Profitable Movie of 2022

2 hours ago, kayumanggi said:

Could this possibly win the Oscar? The last time a Dreamworks movie won was in 2006 with Wallace & Gromit: The Curse of the Were-Rabbit. 

Not likely. Pinocchio seems to be the frontrunner and Turning Red on second place

• Like 1

2 hours ago, AniNate said:

Not really since TR is the better movie 

Not even close.

1 hour ago, cannastop said:

Doesn't matter because Pinocchio will win the Oscar. 😔

Well, fair enough. A good compromise leaves neither party happy :sparta:

I liked this, quite a good deal in the first act. Consistently silly with animation that immediately wins you over with its begging creativity and propulsiveness. But by the third act it became a bit too busy, overplotted, and exposition driven. But I had a nice time. It ended on a heartwarming note. Good being back in a theater with my brother (visiting family). It's just easy to get tons of mileage from seeing a cat in boots. I'm down for a Shrek 5

I prefer this greatly to Marcel the Shell, Turning Red and especially Pinocchio (as well as The Bad Guys). Pinocchio will win the Oscar, but it would be nice for Turning Red to beat it (even though I didn't love, Puss has no chance and Turning Red would feel more monumental as a winner imo). 

That said, the REAL animation winner this year was Apollo 10 1/2 for me

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, MysteryMovieMogul said:

I'm just relieved to find that people here weren't too keen on Del Toro's Pinocchio. I want just about any animated film to win over that depressing film.

I mean, Puss in Boots 2 is about coming to terms with the end of your life.