Man of Steel (2013)  

189 members have voted

1. 1. Grade it

I get where you are coming from, and i like your review I agree with it. I guess I was just expecting to much. Ether way it was fun hanging out at the theater! lets go again soon. 

You can come at it any way you want. It's your opinion, I was just giving mine. :)

And I agree we need to go again soon, it was fun. :D

• Like 1

The film does lack a certain charm to it that made the Donner movie special. It seemed to be quite choppy at the beginning, as if just rushing to get to the big action sequences, though despite this I found some of the emotional moments pretty effective, eg KCost's death. Oh, and the action in the second half is fucking awesome intense as fuck. Loved that shit.

Cast is fine, I guess. Henry Cavil didn't leave much of an impression on me overall. He had some good moments tho. Shannon Zod is great. Certainly no Stamp Zod but he didn't rly need to be.

Edited by CoolioD1

I hated the first half. It's poorly edited, badly filmed, and all of the emotional beats fell completely flat. But once it finally focused on the good vs. evil plot for good (the Smallville battle) it became very enjoyable.

First half: D

Second half: A-

Grade: C+

Pretty much agree with this first half does not work well but the second half is amazing. I still can't decide on a grade. I kinda want to see the the extend blu ray verison to see if that clears up the first act.  I can't see too much being add in the final battle.

Edited by Queen Nikki

There's a few scenes that I just didn't understand in the movie. 

Why did Kal-El scream at the end after Killing Zod?

fuck, there was like 2 more scenes that didn't make sense to me, but my mind is drawing a blank right now..XD

Upset that killed him and now that he is the last of his kind.

• Like 2

The opening stuff on Krypton is so, so bad. Really awful. Zod and his cronies punishment was that they got to live? Ok. Supes' mum (Lara?) was an atrocious actress, her cleavage made me laugh though.

Cavill was ok. It's amazing though that it's a Superman movie with him in the movie almost all the time and he's given nothing to do. He did his best but there was only so much he could do. I loved Crowe and Costner.

The action was fun but relentless. Once Supes and Zod started fighting the second time I had to groan.

Edited by Floppit Floppeeeddd
  • Like 5

I loved the 2nd fight with Zod and Superman.  I did not get sending away thing. So Zod got to live and everybody else dies WTF?  They should have had Zod escape on his own and search for Kal. Like every summer blockbuster this year. I like it but I have big problems with it. Ddddeee did you enjoy the score?

Edited by Queen Nikki
  • Like 1

It'll be interesting what they do with the sequel, I think Lex Luthor should be the villain but either Metallo or Braniac would be good plus try and build up to this bigger universe by having some characters cross over into other DC films.

• Like 1

Loved it!!! I'm sure it has it flaws, but the awesomeness of most of Man of Steel made me forget them.  First movie in a long time where I wanted to re-watch the film immediately. I went in with low expectations, since TDKR absolutely devastated me with how bad it was, but MoS delivered.  The flashbacks were great. The CGI was pretty good.

Was expecting this to be a remake of S1 & S2 and although it has some elements from them, I'm glad to say I was wrong.

The 3D was pointless as usual, but I think there were some good shots in the beginning though.

Rating for 1st viewing: A

• Like 1

The moment Zod finally can fly ... and 'If You Love These People' kicks in and they get ready for one last throwdown in the sky, I was floored.  That moment was simply incredible IMO. Got goosebumps. :)

Edited by agkman
  • Like 1