CJohn

Monday Numbers | Summer is officially here | Purge 3.4, NYSM 2.4, FF6 2.2, Inter 2.1

I don't know why people like NYSM that much. It was fair and entertaining for 2 hours, but completely forgettable the second the movie ended.

lol I cant explain it :D  its Like in your mind u know that it's far from Oscar worthy & has 1000000 flaws but u cant help but want to watch it at least 5 times & then a sequel :lol: Letterier def did smth to hypnotize(sp?) audiences b/c judjing by twitter I'm not the only one 

maybe its the spinning camera or some mind trick or hell 25th frame. That bastard :D

Edited by Leyla

:) 

It needs improvement in all aspects.

it really does

that pic of Isla is gorgeous :wub:

She's lucky. In 2 hits this summer TGG & nysm

Topped only by Hawke :) just bc Before Midnight is a better movie than both of Isla's

Edited by Leyla

lol I cant explain it :D  its Like in your mind u know that it's far from Oscar worthy & has 1000000 flaws but u cant help but want to watch it at least 5 times & then a sequel :lol: Letterier def did smth to hypnotize(sp?) audiences b/c judjing by twitter I'm not the only one 

maybe its the spinning camera or some mind trick or hell 25th frame. That bastard :D

This was my experience. I saw the tv spots and said hmm this looks interesting. Saw  people here liked it and made a mental note to check it out. Went to watch and enjoyed it a lot. Sure it has flaws but no movie is perfect. I was on RT the other day and noticed that it was rotten. Had no idea, lol.

Just goes to show everybody is not gonna like the same things in movies and that's fine.  NYSM could have used a final polish or two but I see potential for more. To me now they have established a crew with MR character as the leader. Now the real cat and mouse begins. Morgan Freeman and Caine can join forces to take the "crew" down. Lady interpol can be the one to play both sides against the middle. With magic as the theme this movie will be fine.

Edited by ECSTASY

that pic of Isla is gorgeous :wub:

She's lucky. In 2 hits this summer TGG & nysm

Topped only by Hawke :) just bc Before Midnight is a better movie than both of Isla's

And she had a pretty big role in the Netflix Arrested Development

(Not that she had anything interesting to do in any of them...)

I don't know why people like NYSM that much. It was fair and entertaining for 2 hours, but completely forgettable the second the movie ended.

And yet, seemingly plenty of people are talking about well after the 2hrs.

I find your analysis then....flawed. 

That's why people like it.

Sure, I'm not saying it was a bad or horrible movie or anything, but it was nothing special. For a movie about magicians, it sure wasn't very clever. (Plus the whole point of the movie didn't make sense.) There's a reason it's rotten on rottentomatoes. But maybe that's the difference between critics and the GA. NYSM is a clever movie for stupid people. Or maybe that's rude. Let's call it "clever light".

Iron Man is only down 11% from last Monday, while Epic is actually up 3% over last Monday!

Nice drops, or gain all around. Summer weekdays officially started I guess. I think only AE and THO3 has around 40% drop from last Monday, not a surprise at all though  :lol: