#ED

REVISED Weekend Estimates 6/14--6/16: Man of Steel OW $116.7M($128.7M including WM)

There were some given away, but any guess as to how many is just wild Internet guessing.

But more importantly: IT DOESN'T MATTER.

If your main obession in life is the almighty dollar then YES, it doesn't matter.

To all of you are saying the Walmart money shouldn't count... that's BS. I went to the 7PM and paid just as much (well, an extra dollar since I couldn't use my FMG card,) as I would've for midnight. The only reason I did 7PM was that my brother had to go to work at 8AM today, and he wanted to see the movie. There's no reason our money, along with everyone else who went to one, shouldn't count.

• Like 4

Nope.

Because, if Walmart hadn't done this, we would not have this 21m number right now.

Pretending otherwise is wrong.

Everybody understands that it changes nothing for WB and that they have those 21m in the bank.

This 21m number is mathematically right but "morally" ( lack of a better word) wrong.

I understand America is obessed with money and dollars but sometimes you have to think a bit further than that.

Of course the number wouldn't be here right now. I think everyone is calculating the weekend as if midnights were 9 million and tacking on the 12 million afterwards. There's a million bought and paid for man of steel tickets out there, and whether or not they've been used is irrelevant. Sure it might skew the results a slight bit but I doubt that it made too much of a difference. 

Opposite. Bigger-than-average Sat drop because of the Walmart previews. A $21M number for both midnight + previews is huge, and it's going to need to contract with what OW number this film is destined for.

I won't argue that Saturday wouldn't have been bigger because obviously some demand has been burned off.  But I think this is going to play MUCH more like a family film that some are expecting (just like Iron Man, Avengers).  We shall see but I'm sticking to my gut feeling that Saturday will be very big.

Edited by RyneOh1040

If your main obession in life is the almighty dollar then YES, it doesn't matter.

We're on a site where the main discussion is about how much MONEY movies make at the box office. I highly doubt Tele's main obsession is the "almighty dollar." He just gets the point of the board. 

• Like 2

Open your fucking eyes. It's a box office forum. The only thing that matters is the dollars. (And the fact that all I do for a living is this type of shit)

• Like 4

I hope everyone understand that 12m 7PM previews was paid entirely by Walmart.

The audience had NOTHING to do with it. :sadno:

Ya it's not like the audience bought those tickets

So because some people somehow got Walmart tickets for free, they automatically would not have purchased a normal ticket under any circumstances.

The logic of that is baffling

Edited by 4815162342
  • Like 2

This isn't a fact. It this forums WOM.No one has a clue how Walmart did in ticket sales.

Oh. I didn't know that. (But, I don't know anything. I thought Walmart was giving them away for product promotion. :lol:)

You idiots are confusing yourselves.

If you hate the discussion, stop talking about wal mart. Stop posting about it.

Even saying "of course they should count" is keeping a retarded conversation alive.

I won't argue that Saturday wouldn't have been bigger because obviously some demand has been burned off.  But I think this going to play MUCH more like a family film that some are expecting (i.e. Iron Man, Avengers).  We shall see but I'm sticking to my gut feeling that Saturday will be very big.

The whole "family vibe" can't apply to every tentpole, and MOS doesn't seem like that movie.

That's like saying The Great Gatsby could hold well on Saturday because, sicne it's PG-13, it's a "family film."

• Like 1

So because some people somehow got Walmart tickets for free, they automatically would not have purchased a normal ticket under any circumstances.

The logic of that is baffling

I've adjusted for that. 

We are not saying the 12m shouldn't count, we are saying the 21m number is questionnable and do not represent the number of people who actually went to see MOS in a theater.

Real people , remember those ?

If operations like this develop in the future, box office numbers will officially become a bigger cluster fuck than it already is.

Inflation, 3d premium, I max premium, 15m presales with big corporations ?

Edited by The Futurist
  • Like 2

Rotten Tomatoes up to 59%.   I think it could finish with a barely fresh 60-61%.  Audience rating is currently at 82%.

That's actually a pretty good Auudience rating considering.