#ED

REVISED Weekend Estimates 6/14--6/16: Man of Steel OW $116.7M($128.7M including WM)

Good numbers for Man Of Steel....BTW the walmart thing, my sisters boyfriend worked at walmart and they only sold 20 of those tickets. They gave the rest for free. I got to see Superman for free 

But that is not WB's fault.  There are 100's of empty seats at sporting events and the game is still called a sellout.  This is because corporations buy the tickets, give them to their clients or use them as a tax write off.  Not everyone shows up to the game but those sales count.  It's the same scenario here.

• Like 8

... I thought you liked the movie?

He did, but he is right about comparing it to the first two Superman films and Batman Begins. If you expect the kind of character moments and development of those films, forget about it. They showed pretty much all of the character moments in the trailers, while the rest of the runtime is filled with the biggest scale action ever. It is an all-out assault on the senses.

• Like 1

Does he really expect it to have a large increase on Saturday? I tried figuring out the numbers he's given, but they did a pretty large increase (For a blockbuster opening) to get there.

He's using AWE as his model:

http://boxofficemojo.com/movies/?page=daily&id=piratesofthecaribbean3.htm

• Like 2

But that is not WB's fault.  There are 100's of empty seats at sporting events and the game is still called a sellout.  This is because corporations buy the tickets, give them to their clients or use them as a tax write off.  Not everyone shows up to the game but those sales count.  It's the same scenario here.

You must be tired explaining again and again. I don't understand why some don't get it.

• Like 4

Anyone care to catch me up on what's happened  in the last 24 hours?

Sure.Midnights + Previews were released.Haters says 12M shouldn't be counted for because Walmart didn't sell all the tickets and Walmart just paid WB 12M (There is not one source to prove all this, simple WOM on this forum)Ray Subers says 12M will be added to Thursday instead of FridayPeople say its unfair that it won't count previews like other blockbusters haveNikki Predicts 45M+RTH predicts 45M - 50MNikki Estimates 51MRTH estimates 50M - 55MNikki Revises estimates to 46MRTH says 45M - 50MOfficial estimates arrive at 44M
  • Like 4

Great Gatsby's number can't be right. A 60% drop from Thursday to Friday and am 87% drop for the week?! :sadno:

WTF? I know it lost theatres but I was anticipating WB padding it with some MoS cash this weekend like everyone does when tentpoles come out.

But that is not WB's fault. There are 100's of empty seats at sporting events and the game is still called a sellout. This is because corporations buy the tickets, give them to their clients or use them as a tax write off. Not everyone shows up to the game but those sales count. It's the same scenario here.

This is a very good example...I've been to Mets/Yankees games that have been announced as sellouts but there could literally be 10,000 empty seats...it doesn't matter though, those tickets were sold/bought and the money is there. It's the same thing here...in this business we count the $, not the tickets sold, and it's what (most) you guys/gals always want to do it as (the whole tickets sold vs dollars argument, etc, etc).
  • Like 1

WTF? I know it lost theatres but I was anticipating WB padding it with some MoS cash this weekend like everyone does when tentpoles come out.

I'm sorry but the future of WB's franchises are at stake, they're probably pumping every dollar into Man of Steel to make it look good.