#ED

REVISED Weekend Estimates 6/14--6/16: Man of Steel OW $116.7M($128.7M including WM)

Going back to the politics of the inclusion of the Walmart gross, how do you feel about this?....In the UK it is common practice for a big movie, especially an animated one, to have previews the weekend before release. Then that gross gets included in the opening weekend gross and reported as an 'opening weekend'. Case in point. Despicable Me 2 basically opens in the UK next Saturday/Sunday. Then wont show again until the following Friday. I've wondered why this has never taken off in the states. I don't agree with it btw, but why wouldn't that model work in the US; considering the UK and US are very similar markets in terms of performance of the same films?

Going back to the politics of the inclusion of the Walmart gross, how do you feel about this?....In the UK it is common practice for a big movie, especially an animated one, to have previews the weekend before release. Then that gross gets included in the opening weekend gross and reported as an 'opening weekend'.Case in point. Despicable Me 2 basically opens in the UK next Saturday/Sunday. Then wont show again until the following Friday.I've wondered why this has never taken off in the states. I don't agree with it btw, but why wouldn't that model work in the US; considering the UK and US are very similar markets in terms of performance of the same films?

I've never seen that happen here for any film that isn't an animated one. But for animated films, it does happen quite often.

I've never seen that happen here for any film that isn't an animated one. But for animated films, it does happen quite often.

Probably is just animated thinking about it. It happens with most of the big studio ones though. Why not the US? It obviously works really well.

When I become supreme-chancellor, I will institute a mandatory streep loving law and a total ban on streep hating. Punishment, death. :P

Me: The Senate will never allow that!

riczhang:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_MHusGl9BeM

So you saw a no name movie and not Beauty and Beast?

Don't be hating on Sir Ken and his films!

Apparently I have a lot to catch up on from overnight...

Edited by 4815162342
  • Like 2

Pretty weak increase for This is the End. Hopefully its WOM kicks in soon, I saw it last night and absolutely loved it.

I think the audience is somewhat limited for this.  There is so much vulgarity that it would turn off a portion of moviegoers, no matter how funny other parts of the film may be.  

I think the audience is somewhat limited for this.  There is so much vulgarity that it would turn off a portion of moviegoers, no matter how funny other parts of the film may be.  

MOre vulgar than the Farelly's and Hangover ?

I doubt that somehow.

• Like 1