Jandrew

Sunday/Wknd #'s, MU 23-24/82, WWZ 17-18/66, MoS 11.7-12.3/41.2, TITE 13, NYSM 7.8 BOM, RTH

I don't get why movies like Shrek the Turd can open with over $120M yet classics like Toy Story 3 and MU can't get there. It just doesn't make sense to me...

Shrek 2 was much bigger than Toy Story or Monsters at the time. Regardless of quality, Shrek 3 came off one of the biggest movie events of the past decade.

• Like 1

Hopefully night business goes up for MU and it hits 35M+. I would love for it to hit 100M+ on OW.  :D  :D  :D

It went crazy in Houston. Checked Edwards and Cinemark and it has been selling out all day and night.

Edited by ECSTASY
  • Like 3

It's about the same for me. But Monsters Inc. had a special place in my heart cause I watched it growing up. So it's all about sentiments really. I'm sure over time and with many rewatchings to come, Monsters U will be just as special to me as Monsters Inc.

Very true. MI does have the nostalgia factor to it but hopefully MU will reach the same level for you that it did for me. I loved the university setting, Pixar's back baby. My excitement for The Good Dinosaur is through the roof.  :excited:  :excited:  :excited:

• Like 5

Sorry, I lean towards DC generally, but I have to admit that both Captain America: The First Avenger and Thor were quite a bit better than Man of Steel. Man of Steel was pretty good. It should have been amazing though.

Are you really saying that the bland piece of shit that is captain America, is better than the action packed excellence that is man of steel? I don't even know what to say to you. You obviously need to rewatch MoS otherwise you are just in denial of its awesomeness.Begone.

I swear to God if official estimates come up tomorrow and everything is way lower I'm gonna be so fucking pissed.

tune in in about 2-3 hours for Rth's late night estimates, those are usually really accurate

• Like 1

So what are the top three expected to earn now? (I've been gone for awhile, and don't feel like catching up o n the last 40 or so pages  :P )

MU: 30-32M Fri 85-95M WKD

WWZ: 25-27M Fri 60-70M WKD

MOS: 14-16M Fri 49.4M-55M WKD

• Like 1

Are you really saying that the bland piece of shit that is captain America, is better than the action packed excellence that is man of steel? I don't even know what to say to you. You obviously need to rewatch MoS otherwise you are just in denial of its awesomeness.Begone.

wow.

Hopefully night business goes up for MU and it hits 35M+. I would love for it to hit 100M+ on OW.  :D  :D  :D

Totally deserve it if happen. I plan on a rewatch real soon. Probably tomorrow with my sister. I watched it today with a bunch of my college friends, they all loved it. We had a great time at the theater. The movie also contains powerful messages much like many Pixar movies, but what's best is that this movie's messages are ones that us students can relate to. It's really really great. 

WOM will be good among GA I'm sure, but it'll be great among the young adults  :D

• Like 1

MOS was a good movie, but it's far from excellent. It just didn't have enough fun in it. Overall, I'd rate it as pretty equal to Captain America, but both are a distant 2nd and 3rd behind Thor in that trio of movies.

Attacking him for voicing his personal opinion. Great for you man.

• Like 5

MOS was a good movie, but it's far from excellent. It just didn't have enough fun in it. Overall, I'd rate it as pretty equal to Captain America, but both are a distant 2nd and 3rd behind Thor in that trio of movies.

the final 40 minutes of Man of Steel was more fun than anything in Thor or Captain America IMO

Thor is pretty bland other than the performances of Hemsworth, Hiddleston, and Anthony Hopkins IMO

Edited by Robert Muldoon
  • Like 4