Jandrew

Sunday/Wknd #'s, MU 23-24/82, WWZ 17-18/66, MoS 11.7-12.3/41.2, TITE 13, NYSM 7.8 BOM, RTH

The drop this weekend is a total shit in the bed situation. Zero spin.

But *Shrugs* I don't get the panic either. WB got exactly what they wanted. Big US opening, big overseas #s, a new franchise to keep em steady past Batman/Potter and they will push Heaven and Earth to ensure $300M happens.

• Like 8

But *Shrugs* I don't get the panic either. WB got exactly what they wanted. Big US opening, big overseas #s, a new franchise to keep em steady past Batman/Potter and they will push Heaven and Earth to ensure $300M happens.

I tweeted you and posted in here that you were right about the drop.  I was wrong.  Good call.

Agree. 700M+ WW, can't argue with that. 

• Like 1

Come on, guys.

Superman is going to make 275-300M DOM. That is very good after the disappointing Superman Returns. The most important thing is that it brought back Superman as a franchise. That is what matters the most to Warners.

The important thing now is that Warners gets better writers for MOS2. :bop:

Well said, well said indeed!

But after the OW of MOS a lot of people was saying MU and expecially WWZ were screwed. Also next week WHD and The heat are being released and the week after The lone Ranger and Despicable me 2 are being released. The competition never stops.

That doesnt mean they were right? We see this every year. How do you know WWZ is gonna hold up? How do you know MU wont take a thrashing from DM2? MOS is not the only movie in "trouble". Its a wait and see thing. Like I said, next weeks weekday drops will be a better indicator for MOS - game 6 and 7's.

700m WW for a reboot coming off from a relatively poor precedent? It's a success!

Wait, is this about TASM? :ph34r:

• Like 1

I fucking knew it. If Nikki had any credibility what so ever, she officially lost all of it.  That 17M number made zero sense.....

I would say there should be a rule banning all information she posts onto her website.  Although I would miss the entertaining roller-coaster rides.

• Like 1

Come on, guys.

Superman is going to make 275-300M DOM. That is very good after the disappointing Superman Returns. The most important thing is that it brought back Superman as a franchise. That is what matters the most to Warners.

The important thing now is that Warners gets better writers for MOS2. :bop:

I think it'll land around 300 +/- a couple of million. Which was always the target, for me at least, for a solid reboot.  I had MoS doing 295 DOM :) so while way off OW looks like I'll be closer to the mark on the final tally.   At least I may get one thing close to right about this movie!  My OS guess of 350 seems a little low right now but wherever it lands at least WB has a good start for a SH franchise.

So I'm seeing low end numbers of $275m now. This is a mixed news type thing for WB as I see it.

Now, who made that MoS under TASM club? That's not looking as crazy anymore either, he was blasted as if he were BKB. Then, just like BKB, not looking so crazy anymore. 

If it gets 275 I can't see Wb being able to fudge, but I doubt it will go that low. if it makes >290 million. They will fudge those numbers to 300.01. 

THIS IS THE END: $4.1M Friday (est) / $48.89M Domestic Total / 3,055 Locations / $1,342 Location Avg. #ThisIsTheEnd

Great for TITE. This will be another movie with a leggy run. I'm really happy it's doing well.

I saw $47M as the lowest, $52M as the highest. A good Saturday rebound could still get it to $45M. Wouldn't count it out yet.

It needs a 60% increase today to have a shot at 50.  That's difficult

WB should simply focus now on getting the Superman franchise right.Yes, MU stole the family audience from MOS but I would have expected the "young adult" demographic to still show up for MOS. I would argue that WWZ is performing so huge because a lot of people simply weren't into MOS.

• Like 1

"Cinemascores" are rubbish.G.I Joe Retaliation got a high score and that was the definition of a mediocre movie.

GIJ2 is bland. Those CGI ninjas are just ridiculous. I prefer No.1 with its ultra-cheesy depiction of Goldfigner-type of villainy and no-holds barred underwater battle scene.