Jandrew

Sunday/Wknd #'s, MU 23-24/82, WWZ 17-18/66, MoS 11.7-12.3/41.2, TITE 13, NYSM 7.8 BOM, RTH

STID:  4/10

IM3:  7/10

MOS:  7.5/10

FF6:  7/10

There's been some really average films this summer.

Summer Movies

IM3- 8.25/10

TGG - 3/10

STiD- 8.0/10

FF6- 8/10

MOS- 6/10

WWZ- 8/10

Obviously I enjoyed IM3, STID, FF6 and WWZ. As far as I'm concerned IM3 is the most entertaining movie of the summer to date. 

• Like 3

Sunday night is tv night!

I don't know who all here is old enough to remember this, but it used to be that Sunday night was a great night for watching movies. I think all three major networks would have the Sunday Night Movie. At least one of them did. It was the best and easiest way to watch movies at home at that time. There was no internet yet, no red box, or Netflix. I would watch it every damn time no matter what it was. I would record them onto VHS and the trick was to pause the recording during the commercials! Those were the times!
  • Like 3

People think RT and BO gross aren't correlated but they are dead wrong. Will it always be in sync? No but a lot of the time it points in the right direction.

Remember reading some article last year about 20 or maybe even 22% out of a 1,000 people surveyed actually depend on movie reviews and will pay to see, or not pay to see a film depending on how good/bad it's reviews are.  

It's not the best stat but if we can get some ticket counts... we could possibly est what a certain movie could have made if it had better reviews...maybe? 

I still don't get why IM3 divided audiences so much.It had good performances, good action (the airplane rescue scene beats every action sequence I've seen this summer as the most breathtaking) and sharp humor (which I personally love).

• Like 1

I still don't get why IM3 divided audiences so much.It had good performances, good action (the airplane rescue scene beats every action sequence I've seen this summer as the most breathtaking) and sharp humor (which I personally love).

It divided fanboys. It was a pretty great success among the GA using any metric you can find.

• Like 3

Tons of fanboys are out on the street hunting for Shane Black simply, and only cause of the twist. Majority of GA, from what I can tell, like it, or okay with it.

Agree about the airplane scene, I think it's beautiful.

As for the humor, I think there are many here who don't like Black's style of humor. I personally love it as I do his other movies.

There are also criticisms about some plot lines that I can certainly understand.

Overall, I'm like you mostly, enjoy the humor, the action, love the acting performances (from RDJ the most obviously  :) )

• Like 2

In terms of exclusively big studio releases: This Is the End: A-Monsters University: B+Iron Man 3: B+The Great Gatsby: BFast & Furious 6: BThe Heat: BMan of Steel: B/B-Star Trek Into Darkness: CAnything above a C+ is still good to me, but nothing mindblowing so far this summer.

• Like 2

Thought it was had a pretty lame plot with a very lame villain. RDJ was really the only redeeming factor id say

Once again Disney/Pixar deliver the goods. Has there ever been another studio like Pixar that has produced such quality movies year in year out?? Their track record is pretty much flawless. Watch MU last night with my fiancé and it was just amazing. Their movies have soo much heart and depth.

• Like 5