Jandrew

Sunday/Wknd #'s, MU 23-24/82, WWZ 17-18/66, MoS 11.7-12.3/41.2, TITE 13, NYSM 7.8 BOM, RTH

LOL At the meltdowns about the MOS number. That's the same drop as IM3.Actually, that's not a good sign :unsure:

It will likely recover and drop just over 50% the next few weekends. That said, especially when including the WM $12M, it's looking to drop steeper than IM3. Much steeper with the Thursday $12M many believed should have been included in the OW. Nonetheless, it's making mint. 

Not going to get much easier with The Heat and White House Down next weekend and Despicable Me 2 and Lone Ranger the weekend after that... All in all, with the $128.7M OW, Man of Steel's best case to scenario is to match Iron Man Three's DOM multiplier. There's a fair chance it doesn't though. 

Edited by JohnnyGossamer

I guess the Mods aren't gonna bother with changing the thread title.

LeFlop must be busy. But the title needs to be changed and we need a list of Friday numbers or weekend estimates or something.

This thread is a mess, lol.

No I agree solo it's not. But he is the comic book guy in that partnership

And yet he agreed with fellow comic book dork Zack Snyder on the controversial climax in Man of Steel, while the non-comic book guy Nolan was against it when they pitched the idea to him. Funny that the guy who doesn't read the books was more hesitant about Snyder's idea.

Sometimes, one needs a "non-geek" perspective to get to the essence of these characters.Nolan is the anti-geek and made the best Batman (arguably the best superhero) movie ever.Goyer is a comic book guy but I would argue strongly that "he doesn't get it".

And yet he agreed with fellow comic book dork Zack Snyder on the controversial climax in Man of Steel, while the non-comic book guy Nolan was against it when they pitched the idea to him. Funny that the guy who doesn't read the books was more hesitant about Snyder's idea.

that ending is not as bad as people making it out to be. It totally works in the context of hte movie

that ending is not as bad as people making it out to be. It totally works in the context of hte movie

I didn't have a problem with it, but I understand why diehard Superman fans might have a problem. And I just think it's funny that Nolan was more hesitant about it even though he's not a comic book guy.

I'm not saying he's always right (and when I see MOS I'll let you know). Let's put it this way Nolan likes to work with him, if it's good enough for Nolan it's good for WB

Sometimes, one needs a "non-geek" perspective to get to the essence of these characters.Nolan is the anti-geek and made the best Batman (arguably the best superhero) movie ever.Goyer is a comic book guy but I would argue strongly that "he doesn't get it".

One can be a comic geek and still make a great superhero movie like Whedon. :D

• Like 1

Jack's been getting his movie freak on.

lol Not really. In january it was like 1-2 movies every day, but for some reason I havent watched that many movies lately. But I did buy Lincoln and ZDT on BD and have watched both twice. 

• Like 1