Jandrew

Sunday/Wknd #'s, MU 23-24/82, WWZ 17-18/66, MoS 11.7-12.3/41.2, TITE 13, NYSM 7.8 BOM, RTH

There's only been one good story on record and that was BB. TDK, MOS, and the rest of them have all either been meh (neither bad nor good which includes MOS and TDK) or garbage. 

I thought BB was also the best of the trilogy. But i thought the 3rd act was weak although i didn't care much for Scarecrow as the antagonist. Ra's twist was good, but he wasn't in it enough in the end. Everything in TDK was pretty predictable (except for the two ferries not annihilating each other, that took me off guard..in a good way), but Heath Ledger did a really awesome job, i would say the best villain in any comic book movie ever. TDKR was so-so.. middle dragged a lot.. Bane and Talia just kind of fizzle but the denouement though is probably the best ending in a comicbook movie imo.

A lot of third acts in cbm's do manage to dissappoint, and Marvel was pretty notorious for this. I liked Cap up until the war montage, Thor battle with Destroyer was pretty meh, the best parts I thought were the poignant moments between Thor/Odin, Odin/Loki, and Thor/Loki. Marvel didn't nail the third act I think until avengers (and holy shit did they nail it), but i hated everything before the title sequence (the Shield base scene, but Loki's parts were pretty good) and anything off-world except for the mid-credits Thanos teaser.

As for MoS, i didn't care much for the first act or the third act. I thought the best part was Clark Kent's journey in the 2nd act. I especially liked the use of scene-pertinent involuntary flashbacks as opposed to linear story-telling. I didn't like Zack Snyder's directing/cinematography in the first act, but it got better. Editting was kind of shoddy especially in the later parts of the middle act, where segues are odd, but that could be a result of Goyer's borderline horrible dialogue, which is bad all throughout. The only good line I  think is Lois Lane's double entendre line at the end of the movie when she tells Clark Kent

"Welcome to The Planet."

But i still want MoS to do well because I want my Justice League dammit!

Anyway, I think I'm much more of a journey rather than a destination guy. I enjoy the journey more than the destination, and the execution of the third act has to match the journey to get there for me to be wowed by it.

/end rant. Hopefully i didn't make too many enemies  :lol:

Edited by jse

I think that Avatar 2 is locked for OS win, Avengers 2 is locked for DOM win. There. Everybody wins.

Avatar will win Worldwide by 2Billion or more .. And that is insane.

Domestically it could be close I agree, but very unlikely.. I mean DJ dunkey.. This is James Cameron your talking about

and he has turned down possible billion dollar deals to just focus AVatar 2-4 :). Enough said.

When this guy throws himself into his work, its either he dies or we have a game changer lol

Avatar 2 is locked for OS win, but Avengers 2 is not locked for DOM win...dom will be the battle, that's where the BKB vs Kal battle will be at its most glorious.

Dont forget its a lock to win period worldwide.. Nothing can come close besides James own sequels

and BAII(Well unless Speilberg or another director bounces back with another game changer in between Avatar

and Battle Angel-That can always happen)  I agree FTF...The Domestic Race if Avatar does not hit

my high end could be very close between AVTR  2, SW7 and TA2... I feel Avatar will prevail by at least

100-200M than the latter and be the worlds first 800+M domestic in one run king

I can,t see Avengers 2 falling under 500 mil. I can see Avatar 2 falling under that.

It's quite simple. The big opening for Avengers assures that the second movie will be very popular. There was high demand, and people expected it. Avatar was a more word of mouth driven movie, and that not even for its story, but because of the visuals. Visuals will never be over entertainment (mad action and comedy) 

• Like 2

Avengers 2 (BKB) vs. Avatar 2 (Kal). Epic battle.

I'm glad you are with me this time...May cameron amaze yet again with technology, story and a vivid enviorment that

merges all into one glorious cinemactic experience.

As 2014 ends and 2015 begins, the hype for TA2 will be staggering and 1 month before the movie comes out, MARVEL will be in Full Throttle and even better: More RDJ.. Hey, maybe Whedon could shoehorn Nicholas Cage in TA3??? Cue the Nic Cage Gifs folks... :hi5: 

Posted Image

• Like 3

This.

But both will still do great business.

We heard it before with after Titanic... James can only go down..Sorry Filmner neither film will dissappoint..But

Cameron will give us what we havent had since avatar another new world brought to us through ever growing technology. :)

TA 2 will bow before Avatar 2 and possibly the SWS 7 sequel :P

Who's SW7 then?  Cause that will battle them domestically as well.  Though not in the same year...still not confident both SW7 and Avatar 2 come out in 2015.

Edited by FTF