Jandrew

Sunday/Wknd #'s, MU 23-24/82, WWZ 17-18/66, MoS 11.7-12.3/41.2, TITE 13, NYSM 7.8 BOM, RTH

Does every single film studio/corporation have to make some statement on the internet about how much their commercial deals-toys,etc merchandise gonna sale and how much cost it can recovered from these commercial deals's profit?

Whatever. Your question has nothing to do with what I posted. Of course they don't.  But credible article's post sources. The article you posted is bs.

Man of steel is doing better Internationally vs Domestically. It went head to head vs WWZ and Despicable me 2 in UK and dropped 5% saturday to saturday while WWZ got -6% of MoS's 2nd friday on OD.

What is the projected total after this weekend for MOS?

Whatever. Your question has nothing to do with what I posted. Of course they don't.  But credible article's post sources. The article you posted is bs.

1,articles

2, if those 5 are bs,then your one is the same

btw thx for the numbers rth :wub: WWZ!!!

& Congrats to TITE & nysm on reaching 50m & 90m :wave:

waiting for 100m for both

Nice STID increase & IM3 number as well

Edited by Leyla
  • Like 2

I think it will end up between 280-320 DOM and 400-500 OS.between 680-800 WW. 

With a Budget of 220 Million

Marketing of 210 Million

Kickbacks from the $170 million movie tie-ins realistically bringing down WB's marketing from 220 to 150

totalling 350-400$ cost to WB

If WB takes in 50% of the money. WB will break even with this movie in Theater run then profit off of other sales.

which is why I find it hilarious when people say WWZ will be somehow be a success with a 220 million budget while not making anywhere near that and people justify it by saying it will somehow make 600 WW....

While the original budget was less, the postponement and more cgi than originally conceived ballooned to the budget to $225 according to trade magazines like the Hollywood Reporter. I would perceive them more credible than wikipedia.  :rolleyes:

http://variety.com/2013/film/news/warner-bros-sets-bar-high-for-latest-and-priciest-incarnation-of-superman-1200493334/

MoS has plenty of promotional ties but those do not affect the costs of the film. 

Skyfall had something like $150 million worth of promotional tie ins. However, the production would have received only $8-14 million as direct cash for licensing rights and the rest would have an estimation of the marketing costs that the partners took on its account. Even then the licensing income would have been counted separately from the costs.

MoS will clearly be profitable for WB since in addition to theatrical it'll have HV and auxiliary income. I never said it wouldn't be. However, to recoup the costs during the theatrical run I'll need to make $700 million + since the studio only gets 25%-50% of the international ticket income.

MoS was one of my most expected movies of the year and stating facts doesn't make me a 'hater'.  :angry:  What are you, 12?

• Like 1

Mos wont touch 320 and 300 is in jeopardy as well. And no one but me is saying WWZ will make 600 Hasan. And it will. Crow for you in the coming weeks will be sweet.

-64% with crazy competition is ~ -50% on a more normal weekend.

If it keeps up this pace?

300m flat.

If it stabilizes a tad? Maybe 310-312 million.

Mos wont touch 320 and 300 is in jeopardy as well. And no one but me is saying WWZ will make 600 Hasan. And it will. Crow for you in the coming weeks will be sweet.

I have bookmarked a month from now for a plate of crow which either of us will have