Jandrew

Sunday/Wknd #'s, MU 23-24/82, WWZ 17-18/66, MoS 11.7-12.3/41.2, TITE 13, NYSM 7.8 BOM, RTH

Its terrific, but I'm just so grossed the fuck out by that No Face creature (without whom the movie would have been fine, btw) that I just cant enjoy two halves of the movie. Its unprofessional but I cant help it. 

No Face is a great character.

• Like 1

I was talking about that movie the other day. Wrecked me.

I spoiled it for myself before I watched it, not intentionally though, I just wasn't thinking. It still reduced me to a blubbering mess.

I don't think UP is a masterpiece at all (or should I post this in "Unpopular movie opinions"). The first act montage is tremendous.... after that, it's a goofy and entertaining adventure, but hardly a masterwork.

Agreed with this. I thought I'd be crying my eyes out at this movie, from what I've read/heard about it, but I didn't feel a single thing.

I was 3 when I saw Batman 89 mate. I was 10 when Toy Story came up, so yes it was very much part of my childhood. Had the Buzz Lightyear and Woody toys.

You remember it that much at 3? Lol, wow don't think I remember anything from being 3! :P  Anyways I was 5 and 9 with the first two TS movies so I really feel like I grew up with Andy. He also has the same name as me, so that helps too lol. Lion King and TS1 are the first movies I remember seeing in the theater, and just very vaguely for TLK. TS1 is the first I vividly remember seeing in theaters. 

Edited by MovieMan89

Its terrific, but I'm just so grossed the fuck out by that No Face creature (without whom the movie would have been fine, btw) that I just cant enjoy two halves of the movie. Its unprofessional but I cant help it. 

Then again, you're not a professional, so who cares? :)

I strongly recommend all Miyazaki fans to check out Porco Rosso if you havent seen it yet. His most underrated yet possibly his greatest film

Dunno about greatest, but it is underrated. Really you can't go wrong with any of the Miyazaki films though. I even think Ponyo is underrated. The animation in that alone is spellbinding.

Women are such emotionally weak creatures. :ph34r:

Here he comes. Here comes John Wayne. I'm not gonna cry about my pa. I'm gonna build me an airport, put my name on it. Why, Dman? So you can fly away from your feelings? You can keep them bottled up, DMan, but they will come out.

• Like 2