Jandrew

Sunday/Wknd #'s, MU 23-24/82, WWZ 17-18/66, MoS 11.7-12.3/41.2, TITE 13, NYSM 7.8 BOM, RTH

I make a lot of bad calls so I'm allowed to gloat a little when I make a good one.  The thing about WWZ is that to me, it looked crystal clear.  I know it didn't for most others but zombies and Pitt in a tentpole of this magnitude just looked can't miss.  If this hits 70 mill, it will have a great chance at 200.

Agreed on the zombies and the Pitt factors. But, on the other hand this did go through production hell. They had a less than 1 hour movie when they put together the usable scenes after principle photography (at least that was the rumour), rewrites, and 7 WEEKS of reshoots. That all pointed towards mega-flop. But then the buzz hit and the rest is history. 

• Like 1

The Purge made back it's entire budget at midnight. Say what you want about quality or legs, but that opening day was a freak of nature. Can't ignore NYSM breaking out too. IM3 is obviously the most positive, massive hit of the summer, but that's not the big story so far.

I thought you were changing to LeMaster James so we could be twinzies?

I don't know know for sure, but I would guess that there are about half the players who don't have it in the top 15.

Really? I hope so. WWZ will be one of the movie to save me in the game. I also had it in my Worldwide Top 10  :D

• Like 1

TLR always gets tons of laughs at the rather amusing part at the end of the trailer.

Now I never heard any good reactions to WWZ's trailer...

TONS of laughs? I highly doubt that. The trailer is usually met with utter silence apart from Helena Bonham Carter shooting through her shoe. 

TONS of laughs? I highly doubt that. The trailer is usually met with utter silence apart from Helena Bonham Carter shooting through her shoe. 

Did you see the trailer with me? No. So how do you know :P

Agreed on the zombies and the Pitt factors. But, on the other hand this did go through production hell. They had a less than 1 hour movie when they put together the usable scenes after principle photography (at least that was the rumour), rewrites, and 7 WEEKS of reshoots. That all pointed towards mega-flop. But then the buzz hit and the rest is history. 

This was my response to the reshoot stuff back in December:

Why do you guys insist on basing a prediction on reshoots and a tough shoot?Here's another film that went through that. Here's the story:This film started with a rookie director, this was his first real big budget film. He had a cast member who was an alcoholic, who often came to the set with very little sleep and would sometimes screw up his lines because of lack of sleep or from too much to drink. The films budget almost doubled during the shoot and the shooting schedule almost doubled as well. The script was not finished when they began shooting and on a nightly basis the director and the screenwriter would meet over dinner and write the next day's script. The special effects didn't work properly and this caused the crew and cast to sit around for hours and sometimes days on end, with nothing to shoot.The crew didn't like the director, the producers were putting pressure on the director to get it done, the cast was growing tired and to make matters worse, the natural elements were causing havoc with shooting.Once the film was done, it took them 6 months to edit the "mess" as they referred to it. And even when they showed it an audience, the director flew back out to the editor's house to shoot in her pool, to make a few more changes.When the film was released, they were sure it was going to tank. One of the stars even went public and told the press how much of a disaster it was working on the film....no preparation, a green director, no organization and so on.Universal was ready to dump it and take their losses but they hoped maybe it would get a decent run and they could recoup some on HV.The film was released in a limited run and broke box office records. It then went on to make the equivalent a billion dollars domestically in today's numbers. The greatest director of all time was born and it went on to win best editing and was nominated for 4 oscars.That movie: JAWS.Reshoots and problems on the set mean nothing. It's the finished product that matters.

• Like 6

I had After Earth in my top 15 and not WWZ, I don't think.  :( In my defense, I literally swapped predictions for the two movies around May 20th. I had a Tele/MOS esque epiphany about WWZ all too late. 

• Like 1

Insane call for believing in an OW of 60-70M for this indeed. And more props if it does hit WOTW territorie WW B. :)

Congrats so far.. One mission accompolished. What do you predict domestically and WW Baum?

My prediction was 150/450 for 600 :)

• Like 1

Just got back from the MoS and MU double feature. MU was better than expected, but no stand out moments like in Monsters Inc. The best gags were the ones which played on Monsters Inc nostalgia. Will put 

Good numbers for WWZ and MU. And MoS showing a May like increase in June is brilliant as well. If the MoS number stays above 15, 50M will be almost assured for the weekend. Hopefully we get the first ever weekend with 3 50M movies. Happy to see it holding so well after the horrible NBA plagued week it had.

• Like 1

Lol Hey Hey Impact? How come .. Not liking Pitt or just it was your cannon fodder choice for the summer lol ?

I thought it looked terrible, never heard any good reactions about it, ect.

This was my response to the reshoot stuff back in December:

Why do you guys insist on basing a prediction on reshoots and a tough shoot?Here's another film that went through that. Here's the story:This film started with a rookie director, this was his first real big budget film. He had a cast member who was an alcoholic, who often came to the set with very little sleep and would sometimes screw up his lines because of lack of sleep or from too much to drink. The films budget almost doubled during the shoot and the shooting schedule almost doubled as well. The script was not finished when they began shooting and on a nightly basis the director and the screenwriter would meet over dinner and write the next day's script. The special effects didn't work properly and this caused the crew and cast to sit around for hours and sometimes days on end, with nothing to shoot.The crew didn't like the director, the producers were putting pressure on the director to get it done, the cast was growing tired and to make matters worse, the natural elements were causing havoc with shooting.Once the film was done, it took them 6 months to edit the "mess" as they referred to it. And even when they showed it an audience, the director flew back out to the editor's house to shoot in her pool, to make a few more changes.When the film was released, they were sure it was going to tank. One of the stars even went public and told the press how much of a disaster it was working on the film....no preparation, a green director, no organization and so on.Universal was ready to dump it and take their losses but they hoped maybe it would get a decent run and they could recoup some on HV.The film was released in a limited run and broke box office records. It then went on to make the equivalent a billion dollars domestically in today's numbers. The greatest director of all time was born and it went on to win best editing and was nominated for 4 oscars.That movie: JAWS.Reshoots and problems on the set mean nothing. It's the finished product that matters.

that was beautiful :mellow:

• Like 2