baumer

Tues Numbers RTH

At this point I can safely say it won't. And at first I wished it did, for the sake of the genre and because Superman is among my favorite superheroes of all time. But a huge chunk of the online MoS fans truly don't deserve that to happen. 

WTF does this even mean? The fans don't deserve a movie they like/love to do well in the box office? That makes zero sense. Period.

Not more forgettable than MoS will be then. Since it looks like MoS won't be able to beat TASM's box office run WW, beating only DOM by $20m-$23m tops. For a reboot, both runs are amazing IMHO. 

There's a lot of things MoS won't be, and forgettable is one of them. There was actual hype building for MoS and even though the B.O. run is disappointing, the film itself, regardless of opinion, is not forgettable. Not to mention the June record being taken along with beating Spider-Man for original superhero opening.

It's the same of saying that looking to Man of Steel box office numbers as a reboot, it's gross is good, but looking at the all the money and marketing involved, it's a disaster. 

Once again, as always mentioned, WB made back $150M of the budget through tie-ins. I'm not saying Sony didn't do the same with TASM (I'd be surprised if they didn't with the whole BING thing lol), but I'd be willing to bet WB is already counting a profit on MoS. It's going to be the highest grossing Superman movie unadjusted along with finally rescuing Superman from the goody two-shoes mentality most people previously viewed him as, kinda similar to Star Trek 09 saving Star Trek from the overly-sophisticated and confusing mentality it had going on. Providing MoS2 is out by 2016, Superman as a franchise is way better off with MoS's performance.

Now, on a different note, Monsters U's hold is great! :D Come on, 300M!

• Like 1

Been lurking on boxofficemojo & boxoffice.com since what seems like 2005 (yes, that long, somewhere before Sith) ... but have too many other places I post, so I put off chatting ... but I finally decided to post.  The box office has come a long way since I remember checking every hour or two on Friday nights (here & KJ) for yahoo reviews to try to determine box office.  :)

Trailers & TV spots are amazing ... buzz is building.  I love Marvel & DC (although do prefer Superman & Batman), so I won't be someone complaining either way. 

OW - 115 million

Domestic - 325 million

Overseas - 400 million

Worldwide - 725 million

I could see higher, near the tracking of 125-130, but I want to wait a bit longer to get better view on things.

F**k it, 175m OW here it comes!

$174,144,586

I think it's fair to assume now it'll open to at least 190m. The Friday will be very interesting, it could be looking at beating TA if that day blows up.

guys/gals call me crazy but i really am thinking this is going to break out huge-400m domestic...I think the reviews are going to be crazy positive and I think its going to get the families going-it really looks like an inspirational movie.

Yeha this is breaking out no question. Sealed and delivered.

If it opens past 100M, I think 300M would be easy. It's not happening with 80M or so. Shitload of movies being released after MoS.

Amazing trailer. Easily the best trailer for any blockbuster in years. 

Rising my prediction

100 OW

320m DOM

460m OS

...well shit! That was one awesome freakin trailer!  This just has to be good now, it just has to!

Are there any early reaction tweets or anything?  When's the first premier or screening?  I just have to know that it turned out well as hype is just so high right now.  If its RT score is 75% or better then watch out (as I feel this is definitely a movie that needs good reviews and wom to carry it to $300m+).

$105m ow/$315m dom...let's do this!

430/600/1030

DOM/OS/WW

thats my final prediction!

It looks way more overhyped than my lone loonie prediction for TASM, and you know that. 

Telemachos did said this could pass Spider-Man 1, so you are either not paying attention or you are flip flopping. Regardless, I did some reserarch on the MoS thread and I will post it here:

Am I quoted for using logic? :)

So 290 M is terrible now? Things have changed. Hollywood didn't have huge piracy-downloading issues before. When MI was released, there were just like what, 2 high profile animated films. Now it's at least 12 a year. This comparison isn't really fair, imo.

Piracy can be minimized by simultaneous global release like MATRIX RELOADED.

Or not.

This Week's Predictions -

1. White House Down (Sony) - $45.6 million N/A

2. Monsters University (Disney•Pixar) - $42.4 million -48%

3. The Heat (20th Century Fox) - $34.3 million N/A

4. World War Z (Paramount) - $29.8 million -55%

5. Man of Steel (Warner Bros.) - $19.5 million -47%

6. This is the End (Sony) - $8.4 million -37%

7. Now You See Me (Summit) - $5 million -36%

8. Fast & Furious 6 
(Universal) - $2.6 million -49% 

9. The Purge (Universal Pictures) - $1.6 million -57%

10. The Internship (20th Century Fox) - $1.6 million -52%

Comingsoon.net

Telemachos did said this could pass Spider-Man 1, so you are either not paying attention or you are flip flopping. Regardless, I did some reserarch on the MoS thread and I will post it here:

Come on Telemachos and I think Mattreck (spelling? )were the only one who said it would pass 400 million. Can you please stop spamming this thread with all this MOS hater talk.  :P I didn't love MOS but I'm not rooting against it as much as you seem to be  ;)

• Like 1

If you are gonna quote posts, be sure those were the final predictions. You expect people to pay attention and here you are quoting random predicts you're not even sure if final. True, Tele expected 400 M. And that equals to "a lot of people"? Please stop.

MU for the win!

Its numbers have been great so far and I hope they stay that way.

I wish people would talk more about MU's numbers, instead of just arguing about MoS in every daily thread.

• Like 4

Ijacks hatred of Mos is bread from his fear of MOS passing that shitty ASM. Well Jack its locked to do so. And even tho i didnt like MOS im going to see it again today just to contribute to its gross...and to piss u off.

• Like 11