baumer

Tues Numbers RTH

Am I quoted for using logic? :)

No, for overpredicting MOS BO numbers as much as anyone else. 

Ijacks hatred of Mos is bread from his fear of MOS passing that shitty ASM. Well Jack its locked to do so. And even tho i didnt like MOS im going to see it again today just to contribute to its gross...and to piss u off.

I don't hate MOS, in fact I'm quite certain that I'll love the shit out of MOS, probably around the same as I feel about TASM. You won't be pissing me off watching the film, but if that makes you feel better, hey, more power to you. Have fun.

Yea box office is speaking Jack. MOS is going to kill ASM domestically.

I've been saying this all along. MOS will not "kill" TASM domestically, but will make more or less $23m more. Can't you see it's useless to argue about my "hatred" for the film even if I'm mostly okay with the spoilers I've read so far? It's not my fault that I haven't watch the film yet, it's not released here until July, 12th, and I'll be there at least at opening day / opening weekend. As I've said earlier, I was all for this movie making more than TASM, since it's Superman and for the sake of the genre. But it clearly won't make as much WW. And I'm not saying this as something negative, because it isn't either positive or negative, it is what it is. 

I'll probably love the shit out of MOS and hope for a better sequel. Very much like TASM.

Do you hate me so much that you aren't seeing my point here? It's performing very much like TASM domestically, just look at the numbers of TASM's second monday and tuesday for confirmation. What I'm curious is how it'll perform this weekend, since TASM was clearly affected by TDKR and the Aurora shootings, it only made $10m that weekend. I'm talking about the box office of these two films, not their quality. I'll probably end up loving both. There's room in my heart for another reboot of a character I love. 

Has iJack even seen the film yet? I see him complaining and ranting but he's previously said he hasn't seen it yet and he still endorses random people to come in to take over the franchise.

He has not so really his arguments about the film really hold no water.

I don't like Goyer. That's a fact. Due to stupid Warner release dates, I've spoiled myself for the film, but it's okay because now my expectations for MOS are in check. I feel like I could love the film despite the flaws that people that I follow / am a big fan of think. I want a screenwriter change, and I've seen a lot of MOS supporters online asking the same, even a director change, which I strongly disagree with, I feel like Zack Snyder is the right guy for this franchise, but DC/Warner need to stop thinking David Goyer is the best superhero screenwriter out there. He clearly isn't, reviews and mixed WOM from GA prove that. 

With that said, have you read me saying ALL THIS TIME that I'll probably LOVE this film? I'm not dissing the film's qualities, I'm talking about the films box office here for fucks sake. 

wel he's mostly arguing about the box office  :P However he should take this to the MOS thread. 

Thank you. I just don't think I should take this to the MOS thread because I'm been attacked just for use TASM as the box office mirror for another superhero reboot, MOS. 

All this big controversy just because some people are pissed because I've pointed out that both MOS and TASM runs are looking identical right now? Seriously? 

MAN OF STEEL powered up $5.2M on Tuesday. W/ $219M total, it passed STAR TREK: ID as the #4 top-grossing movie of 2013.

RTH is seriously getting better at what he does.

5.2 is still an estimate but RTH knew this at 3AM EST.

• Like 1

Plus, you didn't exactly declare it would, did you?  I seem to remember you were beginning to think that it has a good chance. Unless I missed where you actually stated a prediction over $400m.

He declared it but usually put joke smilies in there. I kept kidding with him that he would be the kiss of death for the movie's box office. Kinda turned out to be true (even if his prediction was a joke in the first place). :lol:

No, it was a real prediction. I was just going off a gut feeling and was wrong. It's worth pointing out that the movie's going to exceed my cold, logical, rational prediction (made months earlier).
  • Like 3

RTH is seriously getting better at what he does.

5.2 is still an estimate but RTH knew this at 3AM EST.

Kind of like Michael Jordan from his rookie year to his second year

No, it was a real prediction. I was just going off a gut feeling and was wrong. It's worth pointing out that the movie's going to exceed my cold, logical, rational prediction (made months earlier).

And I admire people than man up and say it that they were wrong. I did learn from my stupid real prediction from the gut for TASM last year. That's why I'm going with my cold, logical, rational predictions now and it's working, both for IM3 and MOS. I've learn from overpredicting TASM, and that's why I've said that MOS doing similar to TASM is huge. I don't understand the heat I'm getting for just pointing out something I haven't seen any other poster brought up before. 

It looks way more overhyped than my lone loonie prediction for TASM, and you know that.

lol I have no idea why you're quoting me as I was pretty much dead on with everything I said, only being off with the #s by about $10m with each. Edited by FTF

lol I have no idea why you're quoting me as I was pretty much dead on with everything I said, only being off with the #s by about $10m with each.

I was using your post to prove baumer that a lot of people overpredicted MOS.