Jordanstine

Wed 6/26 Numbers (Update: Actuals on Pg.9) - MU $10.0, WWZ $6.2, MOS $4.1

To put this in perspective, if movie had exactly $4,200,000 yesterday (which is very doubtful), that represents a total weekly drop of 57.9% comparing last week's numbers up until Wednesday.

If movie drops 57.9% rest of the way (weekly and weekend), I have movie at least $267+ million. And I'm not even counting 4th of July boost.

And certainly, we're just assuming it will drop 57.9% every single day from now on.

Movie is a sucess people. Give it a rest. Most of you didn't have this movie gross this high.

I got $272m from 60% drops so god knows how you did the calculations, lol.

TITE just needs to survive the "comedy" competition from The Heat (which looks incredibly stupid), and $100m looks doable.

they're diff kind of comedy & imo both can find their audience

• Like 2

I feel with the new competition coming in, it will take some of the box office away. And I honestly don't feel it's the type of movie to have that strong of legs.

Interesting. I disagree with u as Brad Pitt will get people to continue seeing it. It also has a good Cinemascore. You might be right but im thinking closer to 30 this weekend.
  • Like 2

wow just went to imdb & accidentally saw that Tobey Maguire is actually turning 38 today :o

he always looks like a schoolboy to me lol

(well all the tasm & other Spiderman talk I thought its relevant :D )

Edited by Leyla
  • Like 1

Interesting. I disagree with u as Brad Pitt will get people to continue seeing it. It also has a good Cinemascore. You might be right but im thinking closer to 30 this weekend.

I wouldn't be surprised if it got 30m this weekend. This movie is certainly doing better than I thought it would.

• Like 1

Kent, since you're so keen to compare MOS to TASM.

MOS 17-day gross without 4th July and without July weekdays will be around 245M

TASM 17-day gross with 4th July and with July weekdays was around 217M

If MOS has the exact same run as TASM from now on MOS we'll gross an additional 45M putting its final gross around 290M.

Except it won't be the same cause MOS still has the 4th of July holyday and the slightly better july weekdays. Also after TASM 17th day the shooting occured and it competed with TDKR wich probably stripped some 20M off of TASM final gross.

So I don't see how you can compare the 2 and expect less than 300M from MOS.

• Like 2

Kent, since you're so keen to compare MOS to TASM. MOS 17-day gross without 4th July and without July weekdays will be around 245MTASM 17-day gross with 4th July and with July weekdays was around 217M If MOS has the exact same run as TASM from now on MOS we'll gross an additional 45M putting its final gross around 290M.Except it won't be the same cause MOS still has the 4th of July holyday and the slightly better july weekdays. Also after TASM 17th day the shooting occured and it competed with TDKR wich probably stripped some 20M off of TASM final gross. So I don't see how you can compare the 2 and expect less than 300M from MOS.

His obsession with MOS is that he thinks TASM is better appreciated with MOS run. In the end its not about MOS, its how to make the perception of TASM look better than it already is. Even 10 years from now he will be comparing TASM to Avengers 4
  • Like 1

After reading these daily threads I don't think I care anymore about MOS. It's pointless banter. Just let it die. MU and WWZ are having really fun runs to track but nobody's talking about them. Boo.

• Like 14