riczhang

Thursday Numbers MU 9.49M WWZ 5.63M MOS 3.92M NYSM Still above 1M (Actuals Pg. 6)

Wolverine is a 65 million opener waiting to happen, and I think that July and August have good depth.

Also, I'm very sad about WHD numbers, but I'm even more sad that I'm going to be reading endless diatribes about Tatum not being a huge draw (which he is) even though he was completely let down by marketing and OHF stealing the thunder from this movie. Same with Foxx. In time, they will prove themselves to be kings. In time. 

In time, they will join them in the Sun

• Like 3

Predictable numbers:

1. This has been the best June of all time so far and by far

2. Almost all movies have matched their original expectations ( Purge, Internship, MOS, MU) or surpassed them ( NYSM, WWZ)

This situation couldn't continue, unfortunately. Boxoffice bomb and boxoffice disappointments are always around the corner.

Not very good previews for either.I'm hoping The Heat can rebound and still go over $30M for the weekend. I'm sure it will.

It will...its target audience is not seeing 10pm or later shows on a Thurs night.

A movie with Lebron and Dwyane Wade as buddy cops called the Heat would have made much, much more money. 

Then, they could make a prequel called The Decision. It'll be a 3 hour movie where Lebron is interviewed about who he will choose to be his buddy cop. He will talk about what cereal he eats for breakfast and what color his underwear is. Then, after 3 hours, he'll let the interviewer ask him who his choice is. It'll gross $500M at the BO.

Edited by Walt Disney
  • Like 2

Then, they could make a prequel called The Decision. It'll be a 3 hour movie where Lebron is interviewed about who he will choose to be his buddy cop. He will talk about what cereal he eats for breakfast and what color his underwear is. Then, after 3 hours, he'll let the interviewer ask him who his choice is. It'll gross $500M at the BO.

And then, after he does all that, he'll still be the best player since Jordan and win multiple titles. Go Heat!

LOL A bunch of Debbie Downers in here already, lol.

Anyway I'm looking forward to watching the Wolverine (gasp!) and Elysium. I might catch Pacific Rim as well. Hopefully, there are some surprises along the way.

• Like 2

And then, after he does all that, he'll still be the best player since Jordan and win multiple titles. Go Heat!

His team was looking a little vulnerable this year. Maybe they should sign Kobe just to make sure he has no great players to compete against.