Mattrek

Early Tuesday estimates DM2 4.7 previews

It ended up with astounding box office and still climbing even before it hits 2nd run theatres.. That is something MOS will never catch..

It has a multiplier around a 2.3. When TDkR opens 15m in front of and it wout gross by 40m than you know your movie has bad legs. Pirates DMC will also finish above it.  2nd biggest OW and can't even make it in the top 10 domestically.

• Like 4

I don't think it's going to maintain a 17% advantage through the 5 days. That doesn't really make sense.

I agree.  It will do much better, maybe a 25% increase over MU.

Forgive me if I sound biased (which I am), but there's really nothing in this number leading me to believe it's the 400M smash you're all making it out to be.

Not many are in the 400 camp.

Forgive me if I sound biased (which I am), but there's really nothing in this number leading me to believe it's the 400M smash you're all making it out to be.

I'm confused how any conclusions are being made based on previews...

• Like 1

Hell after PACIFIC RIM, What's left for the summer?? Not a great deal it seems which is boring.. I am interested to see how well the CONJURING does??? :thinking: 

I have no interest in PacRim, for me that's a fly by weekend.

I'd think a Marvel fanboy might, just might be looking forward to ending the summer with....oh, I don't know The Wolverine!!!

That will end my summer......but I'll probably see Riddick also

MU may have some YA appeal since it came out when we were elementary kids, like TS, but I havent seen any 30 and 40 year olds excited for it all. DM2 on the other hand...DM2 is winning, and handidly. Adult appeal, thats all. Sorry, Pixar.

Edited by LeFlop James
  • Like 2

I haven't seen many people saying that, actually. Mid 300's I think is what more people are expecting.

Edited by Heretic
  • Like 1