Mattrek

Early Tuesday estimates DM2 4.7 previews

Think Like A Man sold out nine showings at my local theater opening night- shit was crazy. Very underrated movie- 2012 was a great year for comedy. 

It's a very rewatchable movie. I've watched it more on Starz than I've watched my Avengers blu-ray. The jokes just stay fresh and the chemistry's stay interesting.

• Like 2

Speaking of After Earth, I was at a Barnes and Noble yesterday, and saw around 4 After Earth "prequel novels" there. Each of them looks at the life of a member of the extended "Raige" family. 

Will Smith was really intending for the movie to be a major event across different platforms (movies, TV, books, comics etc.)

AE has got to be the same studio as DM or TLR. It woyld be a classic fudge...like when T4 increased 1000000% the day Potter opened.

TDKR only opened big enough to hit $1 billion total because of goodwill generated by it's predecessor, it had nothing to do with the film's own merits. In case you didn't notice it's legs weren't nearly as good as TDK.Avatar 2 could end up being the biggest piece of crap ever put on film but it will still top $1 billion just because it's the sequel to Avatar.

2 ;)

• Founder / Operator

If you don't take movies so seriously and have to analyze every single little thing, then these summer movies have been fun a, entertaining ride.

This. I feel like more and more expectations for summer movies are getting out of proportion. Summer movies aren't supposed to be Oscar contenders, just like Oscar contenders aren't supposed to be summer movies.

Edited by ShawnMR
  • Like 8

This. I feel like more and more expectations for summer movies are getting out of proportion. Summer movies aren't supposed to be Oscar contenders, just like Oscar contenders aren't supposed to be summer movies.

I agree... and yet, my reaction is my reaction.

• Like 1

How can you be disappointed in a $32m Wednesday?

Disappointed cause it actually managed to gross that much despite being a shit movie =| The minions are totally average. Nothing funny about them - and this comes from a guy who laughs at the smallest jokes.

• Like 2

Disappointed cause it actually managed to gross that much despite being a shit movie =| The minions are totally average. Nothing funny about them - and this comes from a guy who laughs at the smallest jokes.

Oh. :D

(I haven't even seen DM1.)

• Like 1