Mattrek

Early Tuesday estimates DM2 4.7 previews

Bay is one of the best directors working today. His films are all successful. Hate him all u want but i love everything anout his vision. Hes agenius.

I am very curious to see Pain & Gain, and to see how is it going to perform OS. Paramount is holding his release until August. They even made a new poster to promote it in Europe.

TDKR ain't great, but seriously.. worse than Alice in Wonderland? That shit was toxic to consume.4.7 is very good for DM2. I expect 30 for the day. 2 for LR isn't bad either, might do 10 today.

Agreed, aside from Ed Wood, there isn't a single film in Burton's entire resume that can touch, much less surpass any film Nolan's ever directed.

Same with Verbinski, only Rango can come close to matching up to Nolan's worst films.

Note: Substitute Paul Thomas Anderson in place of Nolan, and it's just as valid of a statement.

Edited by Squaremaster316

Agreed on the need to move that post out of here, but it's not quite blind fanboyism. He gave it 4.25/5, the equivalent of 8.5/10. I've seen a lot worse in terms of blind fanboyism on this forum.

Yeah, but you've read other squaremaster posts, right? He's the very definition of a douchey fanboy.

Imo TDK is best billion dollar film. And TDKR is worst. Such a strange dichotomy in quality for those two films

It happens a lot actually. Many times the third film in a franchise is suddenly shittier than the first two, especially when the first two are widely regarded as brilliant films. The most notorious example is probably the Godfather trilogy. I think the filmmakers just get nervous about how to do a brilliant third film, and feel the pressure from everyone to deliver. They get flustered and end up slipping. I get the distinct impression that's what happened with TDKR. Nolan just lost the plot. Such as thinking Tom Hardy doing his best Sean-Connery-On-SNL impression for his voiceover would sound better than merely sounding muffled. Or thinking Bane could carry an entire Batman film as the main villain in the first place. Besides not being a truly major villain in the Batman canon to begin with, Bane is just not interesting when he's not his usual "unrealistic" comic book self. The Riddler should have been the main villain, full stop.

The Riddler should have been the main villain, full stop.

Riddler would have been just more mind games, which isn't far enough away from TDK's Joker.

What TDKR should have done was explore Bruce and Selina's relationship more and have them work together against Bane in the second half.

Edited by Hatebox
  • Like 1

Baumer gave TDKR a 7/10 when it came out and AIW a 5 so he might just be stirring the pot a bit. IM3 is still my favorite 100m+ grosser of the summer. Whether that says more about the summer or IM3, take your pick.

• Like 1

speaking of Titanic made me want to rewatch Revolutionary road :wub:  Leo & Kate matured so much & now are among my fav actors now its funny to remember how I rolled my eyes at them in '97 :lol:

Baumer gave TDKR a 7/10 when it came out and AIW a 5 so he might just be stirring the pot a bit.IM3 is still my favorite 100m+ grosser of the summer. Whether that says more about the summer or IM3, take your pick.

Star Trek 2 is the best of the summer by a pretty good margin IMHO.

• Like 7

Baumer gave TDKR a 7/10 when it came out and AIW a 5 so he might just be stirring the pot a bit. IM3 is still my favorite 100m+ grosser of the summer. Whether that says more about the summer or IM3, take your pick.

Tdkr was a 6 and im not stirring the pot. My grade for tdkr has dropped to a 5. It makes about as much sense as not wearing a helmet when riding a motorcycle.