CJohn

Wednesday Numbers | Despicable Me 2 - 34M | The Lone Ranger - 9.67M | Kevin Hart - 4.9M

From RTM:

It's not a horrible movie but it's not a very good one either.  The problem with it is that it's just not that interesting.  I didn't really care for either Qatar or his dad (have no idea what his name is).  Jaden has some good moments and it is his job to carry the film.  Will is off screen for much of it and that leaves it up to Jaden to make you feel for him and to root for him,and it almost happens.  Almost by not quite.  

One of the big problems is that Smith is just not Smith in this.  This is the kind of film that might have benefited from another actor, maybe even a Clooney type because Smith is all wrong for the role.  We want him to be wise cracking, funny, energetic and snarky.  What we get is a bland character with one emotion, not what we want out of Smith.

I didn't hate it, but I'll never seen it again.

6/10

He cost a lot of fantasy owners a win that game and gamblers a lot of money

I was screaming at the TV when he did that since I'm an Eagles fan. Luckily the Cowboys didn't realize what happened until after the dead ball whistle was blown, so the Eagles got the ball at the 1 and scored.

1. Despicable Me 2 (Universal) NEW [Runs 3,957]Wednesday $35.1M

2. The Lone Ranger (Disney) NEW [Runs 3,904]Wednesday $9.7M

3. Monsters University (Pixar/Disney) Week 2 [Runs 4,004]Wednesday $5.2M

4. The Heat (Fox) Week 1 [Runs 3,181]Wednesday $5.2M

5. Kevin Hart: Let Me Explain (Summit/Lionsgate) NEW [Runs 876]Wednesday $4.7M

‘Lone Ranger’ Opens To Disastrous $9.7M, ‘Despicable Me 2′ Destroys Rivals For $35.1M And #1 Wednesday; ‘Let Me Explain’ $4.7M
  • Like 1

1. Despicable Me 2 (Universal) NEW [Runs 3,957]Wednesday $35.1M

2. The Lone Ranger (Disney) NEW [Runs 3,904]Wednesday $9.7M

3. Monsters University (Pixar/Disney) Week 2 [Runs 4,004]Wednesday $5.2M

4. The Heat (Fox) Week 1 [Runs 3,181]Wednesday $5.2M

5. Kevin Hart: Let Me Explain (Summit/Lionsgate) NEW [Runs 876]Wednesday $4.7M

‘Lone Ranger’ Opens To Disastrous $9.7M, ‘Despicable Me 2′ Destroys Rivals For $35.1M And #1 Wednesday; ‘Let Me Explain’ $4.7M

Are those the latest numbers? DM2 over 35 and MU above 5 that's not bad.

Are those the latest numbers? DM2 over 35 and MU above 5 that's not bad.

Nikki numbers. Not official estimates. We may not get estimates today because of the Holiday.Do we normally do?

I like seeing bad movies fail, because for a moment I can convince myself that Hollywood might learn its lesson.

But then it never does. And when a lot of bad movies do well anyway, why should it?

(No, I haven't seen TLR but I have seen the Pirate films so I'm not going to contribute my to the former to find out that yes, it does stink as much as the latter.)

THIS !

When they deliver a bad movie, why cant it flop ?

He thinks TDKR is horrible.

TDKR is horrible because I expected more coming off one of the best movies of all time. AE is just not that great because I had no expectations for it.

• Like 1

LETS ALL ATTACK BAUMER'S OPINIONS ON RANDOM MOVIES !!! 

After all his opinion is so important that we must challenge it if we don't agree or better yet argue with him in order to change it 

• Like 9

LETS ALL ATTACK BAUMER'S OPINIONS ON RANDOM MOVIES !!! 

After all his opinion is so important that we must challenge it if we don't agree or better yet argue with him in order to change it 

:rofl: :rofl:

Although I'm not cheering for TLR to flop, I do think that if a SEQUEL fails to deliver the quality of its predecessors badly, is terribly rushed, or is an outright moneygrab, then there's nothing wrong whatsoever for fans of the franchise to blast such lameness. This happens a lot in the gaming industry, take this year's SimCity for example, because the product is such a unfailthful crap, huge numbers of fans of the series rooted for it to fail and in the end it sort of did.

• Like 1