#ED

Wknd Est: DM2 - 44.7M ; GU2 - 42.5M; PR - 38.3M; Heat - 14M; TLR - 11.1M; MU - 10.6M (PG 100)

Again, you are speaking about yourself, not for others.  Grown Ups is easy to explain why I liked it.  And it sounds like here as long as you like something then it all makes sense, but if you don't like something then it doesn't make sense.  So it's all about you.

Grown ups is a fun and relaxing comedy. I took my wife and step-son to see it and we all enjoyed it. People may complain about this or that but if they do they miss the point the movie is trying to make. 1978 a group of friends playing basketball win the big Championship and the coach as a reward rents a beautiful cabin for all of them and their families to enjoy. The Coach makes a speech about how they should all approach life like they did this game and they will be winners champions with no regrets. flash forward 30 years later and each of them receives a phone call the coach is dead. They decide to rent the cabin and hold a reunion bringing their families with them and to try to introduce them to the magic of their childhood years and teenage years. Adam Sandler is a wealthy high powered Hollywood agent who just wants his kids to grow up to be normal and not spoiled. Chris Rock is a henpecked house husband who gets no respect from his business woman wife or his kids or his mother in law. Kevin James is a typical dad with a wife and kids and a weight problem his wife still breast feeds their 4 year old son and the magic has gone out of their life. Rob Schneider is a dramatic love them and leave them man except he loves the older ladies. David Spade is the single guy here and he's the drunken party animal. All of them have secrets and all of them feel like failures in one way or the other. But by the time this weekend is over secrets are revealed and friendships are restored and marriages are given back their magic. this movie does not promise the earth moon and the stars All it wants is for you to relax shut your brain off and park your worries in the lobby. It's not a laugh every scene or a laugh riot but it does have laughs and it is a nice lazy relaxing movie that we all need once in a while. I loved this movie and recommend it for what it is. If people take it too seriously then they missed it's point.  It has a great message, strong family values and it's about friendship to the core.

You actually hit what a lot of people seem to ignore. People say Grown Ups is a bad film based on the humor but, and although this sounds kind of silly, I believe it's actually a good film by definition. It has very well defined characters who have meaningful arcs and undergo irreversible changes. That's is just good story telling and there is a reason why Grown Ups broke out and became a huge and loved, yes loved..., hit. It is easy to look at the humor in the movie and dismiss it as immature, which it is, but that would be to ignore its other merits which make it a good film.

I am a little surprised (even though I shouldn't be) that Grown Ups was soooo disliked by top critics because they usually seem to judge films on more of an academic level–character, story, direction etc..–as opposed to focusing more on the tone and feel of a film. I think Dredd, for example, got great reviews because it had good story and characterization despite it being somewhat of a campy B level film. 

Underneath the immature humor that is all over Grown Ups is actually a strong family film with great values. And it's also meant to be a kids/family film unlike Mr. Deeds or Anger Management which people also seem to ignore. Grown Ups rant over. 

• Like 1

In TDK, in Act 2, if the mayors life was threatened, why do they 1. let him get on the podium, 2. you know half of GCPD is corrupt, so again, why let him get on the podium, 3. why have it outside?, 4. if youre gonna have outside, why not in a square or a park, why on an avenue around a bunch of windows? I know I say I dont tend to overanalyze, but thats just something Ive never understood. Still one of my favorites, but it has alot of "huh?" moments.Ps, B&R is on Syfy, and its 2013, which you get Bat-nipples in glorious HD. Oh yeahhhh.

I think a comedy film in the style of Anger Management would work well for a Sandler/Ferrell film, Ferrell tends to do quite well when he's paired with another actor eg Blades of Glory, The Other Guys, The Campaign, Step Brothers.

Going back to this point, I don't think Sandler/Ferrell should necessarily be a comic foil pairing like Sandler/Nicholson in Anger Management or Ferrell/Wahlberg in The Other Guys. I think it should be a comic rivalry like Ferrell/Galifianakis in The Campaign.

My toys as a kid:

Posted Image

I had the Snake Mountain & Castle Grayskull sets ... and all the toys ... BUT, I suffered from a fatal flaw as a child.

I had this thing about eating my toys ... mmm, plastic & rubbery toys.  I'll never understand it.

Can we get a new Masters of the Universe movie? We get GI Joe, Transformers, etc ... but not the greatest of the 80's. :(

Edited by Adam
  • Like 2

I had the Snake Mountain & Castle Grayskull sets ... and all the toys ... BUT, I suffered from a fatal flaw as a child.

I had this thing about eating my toys ... mmm, plastic & rubbery toys.  I'll never understand it.

Sounds like good roughage to me.

• Like 1

Sounds like good roughage to me.

Mmmmm, that Skeletor foot tasted good ... how about some nice He Man hair?

BTW, to the people watching Money in the Bank ... reddit basically has some guy who posted the results ... claims to be an insider.  4 for 4 so far.  Suffice to say, this show looks boring as fuck now.

Edited by Adam

wow, not even one of the recent Marvel movies before that???

The first superhero movie I saw in theaters was either Superman 3 or Superman 2.

I know for a fact that I saw Superman 3 in theaters, but I'm not sure if I saw Superman 2 on tv or what.

I lived in a city without theaters  :unsure: