#ED

Wknd Est: DM2 - 44.7M ; GU2 - 42.5M; PR - 38.3M; Heat - 14M; TLR - 11.1M; MU - 10.6M (PG 100)

2 Guns and Smurfs 2 should make some money as well. But yeah, talk about a frontloaded season.

I think I might be the only one, but I hope 2 Guns break out. Very much look forward to it, seems like a fun, silly little movie suitable for summer season. And well, any movie with Denzel Washington is always a plus in my book.

Wolverine, Elysium, Conjuring (break out!), Smurfs, and 2 Guns all have 100+ potential, so summer ain't over yet. 

I think both 2 Guns and The Conjuring will have 30M+ OW.

To be honest I'd like to see Denzel / Marky Mark but our Czech premiere will be in October or November.  :(

Elysium should cross 30M too and Wolverine, Smurfs... 50M+, no?

And I think this is my post No. 1000... Nice.  :)

• Like 1

Forget PR's budget, I'm amazed that all of Sandler's comedies including GU2 cost 80 million apiece. The Heat had two stars and even some explosions and cost half that much. Does Sandler just not work for under 20 million a movie now? 

High profile actors take pay cut only for Oscar bait movies and for passion projects. Sandler has no interest in either of those things so why would he work for under $20 million ?

• Like 1

Wolverine, Elysium, Conjuring (break out!), Smurfs, and 2 Guns all have 100+ potential, so summer ain't over yet. 

Wolverine: 100% sure - the movie would have to have a 0% RT rating, and a F CinemaScore in order to not cross 100 million

Smurfs: 85% sure it'll cross 100 million - 115 to 125 million is a likely result for this.

2 Guns: 70% sure it'll cross 100 million - Denzel has a lot more star power these days, and Wahlberg is still riding on Ted and Contraband's success: 90 to 130 million is a good range

Conjuring: 45% sure it'll cross 100M - This is definitely a movie that could either do standard horror grosses (50 to 70 million) or become a monster "Blair Witch Project" sized hit (140 to 160 million)... depends on hype and WOM

Elysium: 30% sure it'll cross 100M - honestly this crossing 100M seems unlikely because it's an original property but good WOM could propel it to District 9 levels

Other films include: Turbo (25% sure), We're the Millers (20% sure), The Butler (15% sure), Planes (10% sure), and Percy Jackson 2 (5% sure) are all capable of being sleeper hits with good WOM and some buzz

So MoS is headed to about 290M Domestically and 670M WW.Good start I guess. Expectations went high after OW. Currently the highest grossing Film WW after IM3 this year.