#ED

Wknd Est: DM2 - 44.7M ; GU2 - 42.5M; PR - 38.3M; Heat - 14M; TLR - 11.1M; MU - 10.6M (PG 100)

Worker's rights: that was corrupt neo-con carpetbaggers abusing the poor - not true conservatives. Many businessmen with conservative principles treated their employees with respect.

That is utter bullshit on many levels, but I'll address just one: The neo-con movement is a very recent thing, having arisen in the post-9/11 political climate of the early aughts. Therefore there were no neo-cons back in the early 20th Century when the workers' rights movement spread. It was true conservatives and industrialists who opposed workers' attempts to gain rights, often by violent means.

The rest of your screed is just as nonsensical, but you should take that ahistorical crap over to the politics section. It does not belong here.

Look dude, you don't like Bay, that's fine.  I get it.  Many people do.  And no he doesn't have more relatable characters than John Hughes, but then again, no one does.  As for Tarantino and Coens, those are not relatable characters.  They are so blatantly over the top and that's fine.  

Bay is entertaining.  He can do something that very few others can and that's make his films humourous, thrilling, action packed and has characters that people like.  If he had one film that did well, it might be a fluke, but with a myriad of films, it's not a fluke. Even PH for as shitty as people say it was, made 200 million in 2001.  You know who hasn't had a 200 million dollar film or even a 100 million dollar film?  Del Toro.

Bay wipes the floor with GDT.  GDT should go to Bay for lessons on how to make a film that people want to see.

Posted Image

If money meant quality in film making, then Grown Ups 2 would be a certified fresh. We were discussing the quality of film making from the directors, not the money they make. GDT made Pan's Labyrinth, a film with 96% fresh, and several oscar nominations. The only awards show Bay has ever been nominated in is the razzies. Bay is shit with characters. Del Toro knows how to make a film with good characters.

People didn't go to see those films for the human characters, they went to see the action or maybe the robots or cars. Transformers had one dimensional characters whose every line was cringe worthy. I'll quote my favorite reviewer on the main difference between PR and TF:

'Comparing Pacific Rim to Transformers is like comparing Jurassic Park to Theodore Rex because they both have dinosaurs'

Edited by TMP
  • Like 4

Well, there is some good news at my theater so far, Pacific Rim looks to increase from yesterday.Not sure by how much exactly, but I'll take what I can get.

Hopefully, it is like this at other theaters too. ^_^

GDT made Hellboy II, one of the biggest abominations in the history of film.  He knows how to make quirky characters and nothing more.  

Hellboy II was better than anything Bay's ever made. I'll fix the sentence so it makes more sense:

Bay made Transformers II, one of the biggest abominations in the history of film.  He knows how to make quirky characters and nothing more.  

See, now it's true as well!

Hellboy II was better than anything Bay's ever made. I'll fix the sentence so it makes more sense:

See, now it's true as well!

Not entirely. I'm not even sure Bay knows how to make quirky characters.

Posted Image

If money meant quality in film making, then Grown Ups 2 would be a certified fresh. We were discussing the quality of film making from the directors, not the money they make. GDT made Pan's Labyrinth, a film with 96% fresh, and several oscar nominations. The only awards show Bay has ever been nominated in is the razzies. Bay is shit with characters. Del Toro knows how to make a film with good characters.

People didn't go to see those films for the human characters, they went to see the action or maybe the robots or cars. Transformers had one dimensional characters whose every line was cringe worthy. I'll quote my favorite reviewer on the main difference between PR and TF:

'Comparing Pacific Rim to Transformers is like comparing Jurassic Park to Theodore Rex because they both have dinosaurs'

Lol, I'm gonna stay out of this, but I will say I can't stand it when people use money as a measurement of quality, I see this all the time and it makes me psycho.

Posted Image

Edited by Shpongle

Posted Image

Pacific Rim, imo, is not even in the same league, hell the same sport as Transformers.  

And a lesson for you about box office.  GU2 had a big opening weekend because GU was loved, not because it's a good movie.  

I honestly doubt PR is that much better than most summer popcorn flicks. Critics are probably going a bit easier on it since it is from GDT

You should really go out and see the damn thing instead of posting this same comment on every page. 

• Like 6

I don't know why some of you are being so antagonistic.  I've said that imo Transformers is awesome, GDT is not as good a director as Bay and that Hellboy II sucks.  This is my opinion.  Is there something wrong with having an opinion?  Or should I just change my mind because you guys think I should?

• Like 3

Pacific Rim, imo, is not even in the same league, hell the same sport as Transformers.  

Absolutely. Pacific Rim is head and shoulders above any of the Transformers films. There are stakes in Pacific Rim, and characters you don't want to punch in the face! 

• Like 4

I never wanted to punch Shia in the face, or their parents (ok, maybe his mom one or two times), or Megan, or Rosie (hell, I wanted to do other types of stuff to them both... :lol: ), or Josh, or Tyrese... :thinking:

• Like 1

I never wanted to punch Shia in the face, or their parents (ok, maybe his mom one or two times), or Megan, or Rosie (hell, I wanted to do other types of stuff to them both... :lol: ), or Josh, or Tyrese... :thinking:

I really really really hated the mom. The pot brownies in 2 was what sealed it.

• Like 1