CJohn

The Conjuring 2 | June 10, 2016 | Let the RT Watch commence.

Just now, Ethan Hunt said:

:qotd: what?

Maybe he's saying due to association w/ DC products, anything gets cursed, like all of WB studios and any actor/director that dares participate in that shared universe. He might not be that far off. Affleck went from Argo and having surprise hits like The Town and Gone Girl to becoming and internet meme. Leto won an Academy Award for Dallas Buyer's Club and now some critics are already complaining about his Joker antics.

Well it's not as good as the original. It's just less cohesive, more ridiculous and packs less of an emotional punch. That being said, it's beautifully shot, well directed, and very, very scary. There were at least 2 sequences where I was practically watching through my fingers. Well above average horror. Wouldn't mind a Conjuring 3, but they need to be able to pull out something slightly different.

• Like 3

If this drops like The Purge sequel, like I'm thinking, it will open to 34M. I feel like that is high though. I'm biased though, I hate almost all horror movies. Predicting a Ocean's 12 drop for NYSM2 with 30M. I think Conjuring 2 will come in lower than whatever NYSM2 ends up making.

2 hours ago, Heat Vision said:

Any DCEU director might be in danger at this point

Compared to the reviews this summer, this movie might as well be an Oacar contender.  Shit it's a horror SEQUEL, I t deserves plus 20 on its RT.

Wan is still delivering as far as I'm concerned.  And I don't think this is going to be hit with the shit other sequels have been.  It'll do less than the first, but it's still going to do fine.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, lancelot123 said:

If this drops like The Purge sequel, like I'm thinking, it will open to 34M. I feel like that is high though. I'm biased though, I hate almost all horror movies. Predicting a Ocean's 12 drop for NYSM2 with 30M. I think Conjuring 2 will come in lower than whatever NYSM2 ends up making.

NYSM2 is going to be the lowest new release. If it follows Australia it's only going to do around 22M

9 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

NYSM2 is going to be the lowest new release. If it follows Australia it's only going to do around 22M

After re-watching NYSM, I'm looking forward to seeing the second. If only they could remind everyone else to re-watch it too. I had to because I completely forgot what happened! lol