RyneOh1040

Weekend Numbers

Love your sig Mr.Pink  :)

So the third act was bad?  ^_^

It's pretty rough, not much better than Origins in that regard. The rest of the movie was pretty alright though. These 'white guy goes to Asia' movies are pretty entertaining to me though I've noticed, since I'm immune to Tokyo Drift's badness.

Speaking of which, DK is totally in the movie and all I could do was laugh every time he was on the screen!

• Like 1

It's pretty rough, not much better than Origins in that regard. The rest of the movie was pretty alright though. These 'white guy goes to Asia' movies are pretty entertaining to me though I've noticed, since I'm immune to Tokyo Drift's badness.

Speaking of which, DK is totally in the movie and all I could do was laugh every time he was on the screen!

White guy goes to Asia movies are insulting. Only in those movies rich japanese still live in old-fashioned samurai digs without chairs, wear kimono, arrange their daughter's marriages and are as backwards when it comes to honor as their counterparts in 16th century.  Sepuku and such shit that doesn't even exist in Anime let alone among Anime consumers who want to live to read another Volume or watch another episode.

White guy goes to Asia movies are insulting. Only in those movies rich japanese still live in old-fashioned samurai digs without chairs, wear kimono, arrange their daughter's marriages and are as backwards when it comes to honor as their counterparts in 16th century.  Sepuku and such shit that doesn't even exist in Anime let alone among Anime consumers who want to live to read another Volume or watch another episode.

I know they are. I'm Asian after all. I should feel more insulted but I am always bemused by the Hollywood lens of Asian culture.

And those white guys always stealing our women! Damn you Tom Cruise and Hugh Jackman.

Edited by Carlos Danger

Just finished watching TW. Thought it was pretty good. Jackman was excellent as always. The third act did feel a little off from the rest of the movie. The tone changed to be a little bit more comic booky. Not sure how else they could have pulled off the Silver Samairi any better. What was he in the comics? Was it a dude in a suit as well?The mid credit scene was great. Look forward to that movie

I know they are. I'm Asian after all. I should feel more insulted but I am always bemused by the Hollywood lens of Asian culture.

And those white guys always stealing our women! Damn you Tom Cruise and Hugh Jackman.

Also, Japanese women are always named Mariko or Yukio. As if there are no other names. Likewise, Hollywood never fails to bestow Ukrainian last name on Russian characters because they have a fetish with names ending in "o". And that's Ukrainian thing.

Also, Japanese women are always named Mariko or Yukio. As if there are no other names. Likewise, Hollywood never fails to bestow Ukrainian last name on Russian characters because they have a fetish with names ending in "o". And that's Ukrainian thing.

I thought Mariko was from the comics.  Isn't she supposed to be Wolverines greatest love? I read that on one of these forums.

I thought Mariko was from the comics.  Isn't she supposed to be Wolverines greatest love? I read that on one of these forums.

Yes, both characters are in Marvel comics ... so can complain to the writers. ;)

... and yes, Mariko is one of the big love interests of Wolverine.

Edited by Adam

Yes, both characters are in Marvel comics ... so can complain to the writers. ;)

... and yes, Mariko is one of the big love interests of Wolverine.

And the writers happen to be white so they named her Mariko like all white writers do. Shogun has Mariko too.

Wolverine greatest love in the movies will always be Jean. No way around that.

• Like 2

Wolverine greatest love in the movies will always be Jean. No way around that.

She is, but it robbed Cyclops of his greatest love.

Edited by Carlos Danger

• Founder / Operator

Except Jean liked Scott more.(Yeah, I know. Fanboy Puritanism.)

Yet another on-screen relationship poorly planned out. There's a reason why some of the biggest movies have "fated" love stories. The love triangle aspect rarely works--Twilight being the exception that proves the rule, because most of its audiences were women who were or wished they were still teenagers.

• Like 1

Yeah, Jean should be with Cyclops, but then the Cyclops character in X-Men movies is....Jean and Logan had good chemistry so I understand why they go for that, especially when Wolvie is the most popular.