RyneOh1040

Weekend Numbers

GU2 is heading for about a 12.5 mill weekend and that's about a 37% drop.  We might think it's an awful movie, but legs are going to take this past 120.

GU2 is heading for about a 12.5 mill weekend and that's about a 37% drop.  We might think it's an awful movie, but legs are going to take this past 120.

Baumer you notice how folks saying Wolverine is going to dissappoint and ignoring its tracking better than all the xmen in Russia, UK, Japan and China so far...Also did you like The Wolverine's return.. I loved it,could have had alittle more background story and action 2nd act...But this  one shows logan can be done with quality...  The bear sequence will have you feeling moved Baum.

Sorta disappointing for Wolverine. The Conjuring's hold makes up for it though.

If we dont have a 68-80+M OW for Wolverine, dont count out the OS BO not making up for a not so great domestic tally. And heck Wolverine may still have a great multiplier. Im actually seeing this one again with my mom and dad  in tow. Pops a sucker for kungfu flicks and loves the Wolverine character. :)

Baumer you notice how folks saying Wolverine is going to dissappoint and ignoring its tracking better than all the xmen in Russia, UK, Japan and China so far...Also did you like The Wolverine's return.. I loved it,could have had alittle more background story and action 2nd act...But this  one shows logan can be done with quality...  The bear sequence will have you feeling moved Baum.

TBH Kal, I have been out all night and haven't paid attention to anything yet.  I have no idea what Wolverine is on pace for internationally.  But domestically if it only hits 50 mill, that will be a bit soft.  But then again, this is just one market.

• Like 1

TBH Kal, I have been out all night and haven't paid attention to anything yet.  I have no idea what Wolverine is on pace for internationally.  But domestically if it only hits 50 mill, that will be a bit soft.  But then again, this is just one market.

Yes sir it already  destroyed even the great x2 along with all the other Xmen films in Russia.... I feel Jackman is bigger than ever abroad and the trailers are spot on.. I expect way more than 300M OS. Also lets hope they are way off and tons of folks show up domestically to support everyone's favorite canadian warrior...

Lets GO BUB!! Wolverine for 60-70+Mil.....

Edited by Superman001

If it opens to the high end of RTH's range, 22, then it will no doubt drop to about 19 on Sat and then maybe 15 on Sunday.  So 58-60 mill is the range. 

I think an FC run is in store for Wolverine. It's the most unique comic book movie in a summer of fairly generic ones, and I think audiences will respond warmly to that.

Eh. Iron Man 3 is officially the best comic-book film this summer in my opinion. And I didn't think I would say that after I saw Iron Man 3. 

MOS probably be off around 50-55% from LW

So basically it will be around 287 after this weekend.

Man, regardless of WOM, the theater drops for it the last few weeks have simply killed any late business.

It looks like it should pass The Empire Strikes Back 290,475,000 ... but I don't know if it has enough juice to make it over the few ahead of it at around 292 to 293 including Narnia, Inception, Twilight BD2 & Order of the Phoenix

On the Wolverine front, damn ... hopefully closer to that 22 so it can stay ahead of First Class.

The Conjuring is quite the hit for Warner Bros. 

Pacific Rim ... I can only shake my head.  :(