RyneOh1040

Weekend Numbers

Didn't The Cyclops actor do Superman Returns instead?

I think because he did a film with a big rivalry going on between TW and Fox, they wanted to punish him by limiting his time to nilch in Xmen 3..

James Marsden. Seems one of the things they will be doing is saving Scott. As James is seen with Halle Berry on the set of Xmen movie.. I love it !!

Just got back from Fruitvale Station, which was the most expertly made and compelling film of the year, but it's so tragic and heartbreaking that it isn't a movie you want to write or think about. Just an absolute tragic story. Every person in the theater had at least misty eyes by the end of it, including myself. I see Oscar Grant in alot of my friends. Just....God, it's tough to talk about. I highly recommend it, but damn. Cheer me up guys!

I wonder how much the tragedy inherent in the story limits its box office prospects. I was a little disappointed to see the Friday number, I think they may have expanded too much (maybe they should have gone for 500 theaters this week instead of 1000), but then I thought about my own reluctance to see Fruitvale Station because the outcome is so bleak and recent events make it seem even more so, and maybe others feel the same way. I did see it but I know others who will just say they can just watch the news and see the same sort of story, but they would probably go see The Butler in a few weeks because it seems a little more uplifting ultimately.

Edited by BoxOfficeChica
  • Like 4

I wonder how much the tragedy inherent in the story limits its box office prospects. I was a little disappointed to see the Friday number, I think they may have expanded too much (maybe they should have gone for 500 theaters this week instead of 1000), but then I thought about my own reluctance to see Fruitvale Station because the outcome is so bleak and recent events make it seem even more so, and maybe others feel the same way. I did see it but I know others who will just say they can just watch the news and see the same sort of story, but they would probably go see The Butler in a few weeks because it seems a little more uplifting ultimately.

Agreed completely. It's such a brilliant and poignant and important movie I feel like I need to tell everyone to watch it, but it's so heartbreaking and tragic I feel bad doing so. I still feel like shit hours later.

Saw Wolverine earlier today, didn't like it. My confidence in FOX delivering a good DOFP movie is in the toilet. D-/D is my grade just a bit better than Origins but not a heck of a lot. Severely disappointed in it.  :sadno:

Just got back from the theater too, and i'm also dissapointed. After the train scene the movie falls into a hole. The love shack part was amazingly boring. 6/10 at best....

• Like 1