Gopher

The Interview | Limited Release on December 25, 2014

I got love for Seth and James but I'm sorry, this was a HORRIBLE idea for a movie.  America and North Korea aren't really friends yes but making a mock killing of another countries president who's still alive shouldn't of killed the project from day 1.  Seth is a better writer than this.   Like who thought this concept was even funny?  I will watch the movie on home video but It's sad it took this "Leak" for this happen.  Honestly the movie should of never been greenlit off premise alone.  Imagine North Korea or even China doing a movie about killing Obama, Americans would be outraged.  

Idk, plenty of Americans hate Obama a billion times more than the North Koreans do

• Like 2

I got love for Seth and James but I'm sorry, this was a HORRIBLE idea for a movie.  America and North Korea aren't really friends yes but making a mock killing of another countries president who's still alive shouldn't of killed the project from day 1.  Seth is a better writer than this.   Like who thought this concept was even funny?  I will watch the movie on home video but It's sad it took this "Leak" for this happen.  Honestly the movie should of never been greenlit off premise alone.  Imagine North Korea or even China doing a movie about killing Obama, Americans would be outraged.  

This has happened before with North Korea, it's called Team America. Nothing happened. I don't think it would have been reasonable for them to block it from the start on the grounds that it was dangerous to do.

As for humour - the marketing has been well received and although Team America flopped at the box office, it's well-loved and it's pretty funny. Humour can work in any context, it's just about execution.

• Like 1

yes, it should have taken place in a fictional country with a fictional  character. Using real world events is stupid and this movie deserves to lose money

• Like 1

Idk, plenty of Americans hate Obama a billion times more than the North Koreans do

But there would outraged period.  It's just too controversial of a concept.  Was it worth it in the end?  Not only did this mess cause the Sony Leak which exposed Hollywood Executives at there worst but now the movie won't be released in major theaters and they will lose even more money off the project.  It wasn't worth it. Again, I like Seth and James a lot.  Those are my guys but this wasn't a funny concept, sorry. 

The movie version of this scandal is already in the works.

The Last Interview, starring Ben Affleck as Seth Rohan, a struggling Hollywood producer whose film accidentally starts WW3. When all seems lost, Rohan and his friend James Frencho (played by Chris Pine) head out on a dangerous mission to confront North Korea's leader and save America!

• Like 3

But there would outraged period.  It's just too controversial of a concept.  Was it worth it in the end?  Not only did this mess cause the Sony Leak which exposed Hollywood Executives at there worst but now the movie won't be released in major theaters and they will lose even more money off the project.  It wasn't worth it. Again, I like Seth and James a lot.  Those are my guys but this wasn't a funny concept, sorry. 

So? There was outrage about Ben Affleck being cast as Batman. There's outrage about everything. Bowing to outrage is lame when the creatives stand behind their vision

Go figure that James Franco would be the one to start World War 3. Always knew he had it in him!

"I’m all characters in one: Mickey Mouse (the Leader, the Moral Guide); Minnie Mouse (tha’s my sexual, sensitive side); Donald Duck (tha’s my angry side, the part of me who gonna fight, but not in a bully way, in a fun/stupid way); Goofy (fo’ sure, tha’s me, when you’re goofy you have bouncy padding all around you, you the foo’ and you can do anything, go anywhere, and say anything because yo’ goofiness is yo’ protection)."