Gopher

The Interview | Limited Release on December 25, 2014

It's not about whether or not it's funny, It's downright inappropriate!

And artistic expression shouldn't extend to inappropriate things?

Have you ever watched stand up?

I'm curious what your opinion is on "The Great Dictator" ???

Or, for that matter, The Dictactor.  :lol:

Edited by treeroy
  • Like 1

All I really want to know is what this all means for future Spidey films.

To calm tensions between the U.S. and North Korea, and coinciding with the alleged firing of Andrew Garfield from the franchise, Kim Jong-Un has been cast as the new Spider-Man.

• Like 5

To calm tensions between the U.S. and North Korea, and coinciding with the alleged firing of Andrew Garfield from the franchise, Kim Jong-Un has been cast as the new Spider-Man.

Impossible, Spider-Man doesn't have black hair

• Like 3

And artistic expression shouldn't extend to inappropriate things?

Have you ever watched stand up?

Or, for that matter, The Dictactor.  :lol:

As in Stand up comedy? That's a completely different thing. This is a film depicting the assassination of a living person. If someone makes a jokr about it in a comedy skit while stupid and offensive no where near as bad as this.

I'm surprised and pissed off at this news. I can't believe Sony would just give in. 

Thing is, Sony got really fucked over. Let's not forget that the social security numbers, addresses, phone numbers, emails etc. of the executives and whatnot have been made public and what hasn't been made public, the hacker has that info. They could threaten family members, fuck with bank accounts, and if they really wanted send someone to kill the execs. Lots of crazy shit could happen. It's not like Sony had much choice here.

• Like 1

As in Stand up comedy? That's a completely different thing. This is a film depicting the assassination of a living person. If someone makes a jokr about it in a comedy skit while stupid and offensive no where near as bad as this.

No, as in Stand-up Presidential Speeches....

Look, this is an R-rated comedy film. It's designed to offend and provoke a reaction. Most comedy is about offense. There's nothing wrong with that.

This is the US, not the UK where you are from. The US may have "strongly advised" Sony not to release, but it was still Sony's call, not the governments.

What does my country have to do with this?

Look, all I'm saying is that the government may have pressured Sony to pull the film.

The government should of shut this down a long time ago.

Lol. Freedom of expression says no.

Edited by treeroy

No, as in Stand-up Presidential Speeches....

Look, this is an R-rated comedy film. It's designed to offend and provoke a reaction. Most comedy is about offense. There's nothing wrong with that.

I've never heard of a single comedy with a plot as downright inappropriate and offensive as this, please feel free to name some.

For everyone saying "Why is Sony Doing this"  I'm sorry but if you guys understood the hits Sony Pictures have taken publicly.  That Leak as hurt the reputation of two TOP executives in the industry.  Plus the Hackers said they have MORE leaks for Christmas.  THEY HAD TO DO THIS PERIOD.  I've talked to friends and everyone at Sony is on edge cause of these leaks. 

• Like 1