CJohn

Avatar: Fire and Ash | December 19, 2025 | RIP Jon Landau

20 minutes ago, keysersoze123 said:

It would be really sad if JC's entire career post Titanic is Avatar and sequels. But that seems to be the reality. Hopefully Avatar sequel BO keep shrinking with every new one and so he loses interest by A4 🙂

I'm projecting a big drop with 3 Dom wise. 

The nostalgia bump is gone and there dosen't seem to be a tech bump from 3d ether.

12 hours ago, keysersoze123 said:

It would be really sad if JC's entire career post Titanic is Avatar and sequels. But that seems to be the reality. Hopefully Avatar sequel BO keep shrinking with every new one and so he loses interest by A4 🙂

It's almost like you hate box office or something?! Avatar films are the biggest box office films of all time... perhaps consider arthousetheory.com

• Haha 2

Ok everyone, i've been away chrunching the numbers for months. I've had a multiple other data scientists look over my calculations and methods and we've all come to agreement the projections are the most accurate we can have.

I will not be releasing the caluclations, they are proprietary

• Like 3
  • Heart 1
  • Haha 2

56 minutes ago, WittyUsername said:

Why are people acting like James Cameron is some indie arthouse director who sold out?

I don't, but I think he used to be one of the best big budget directors out there, maybe the best.  Unfortunately with his Avatar universe, he has so clearly become much more interested in pushing the tech side of things over storytelling to the point that its not even funny.  Avatar 1's script was generic and cliched but serviceable and Avatar 2's was atrocious. 

6 hours ago, IronJimbo said:

Ok everyone, i've been away chrunching the numbers for months. I've had a multiple other data scientists look over my calculations and methods and we've all come to agreement the projections are the most accurate we can have.

I will not be releasing the caluclations, they are proprietary

Good to see you are back.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, IronJimbo said:

It's almost like you hate box office or something?! Avatar films are the biggest box office films of all time... perhaps consider arthousetheory.com

I think you are not realizing @IronJimbo is that while we do love following box office numbers. It stems from a love of film itself.

• Like 1

I will never in a million years understand the James Cameron fans who don't like Avatar or who miss the "old" Cameron. He's still the exact same filmmaker! It's the culmination of all of his films/ideas/themes filtered through this series, nothing's changed :P

• Like 3