Neo

The Fate of the Furious | 4.14.2017

Just now, That One Guy said:

Would've been a considerably less great franchise.  Can't imagine anyone other than Diesel talking about coronas.

Olyphant is pretty fucking great though. Would've been interesting to see how it went for sure.

Just now, That One Guy said:

Would've been a considerably less great franchise.  Can't imagine anyone other than Diesel talking about coronas.

Yeah, Olyphant is probably more of a Belgian Ale kind of guy.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Blaze Heatnix said:

I've seen 2,5/5 reviews being considered fresh...It's up to whoever is reviewing it, I think.

That's  just dumb. 3/5 or 5/5 no matter was is good rating. why give it that shit if its negative review. watever.

it;s down 62%. It gonna end rotten which is damn  shame since IMO it doesn't deserve to be. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Dragon said:

That's  just dumb. 3/5 or 5/5 no matter was is good rating. why give it that shit if its negative review. watever.

it;s down 62%. It gonna end rotten which is damn  shame since IMO it doesn't deserve to be. 

Consider that 2.5/4 are routinely marked rotten and the percentage is (62.5% v 60%) higher than 3/5.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Dragon said:

Yep, its RT score dropped quite hard, but we don't know if it'll end being rotten. Even if it's rotten, you probably loved the movie and got a great experience. Let it be, this movie will make a ton of money and we'll get our sequel "Nine Times Faster"

I'll be watching it tomorrow. I can't wait!

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Fancyarcher said:

That's RT's falty logic. It depends on the reviewer. 

The reviewer should be by far the best person if I think a movie is fresh or rotten, it is clearly one of RT strenght to let reviewer enter it themselve instead of trying to decipher everyone own personal ranking system.

11 minutes ago, Barnack said:

The reviewer should be by far the best person if I think a movie is fresh or rotten, it is clearly one of RT strenght to let reviewer enter it themselve instead of trying to decipher everyone own personal ranking system.

Yeah, but it can also create some inconsistencies when it comes to the rating / percentage itself.

Edited by Fancyarcher
  • Like 1

Just watched it.

While I quite enjoyed it, I think it's pretty clear that the franchise is losing diesel. There's zero exciting scenes, since the fifth movie, there's at least one scene in every movie that makes people say WOW, I couldn't find this here, Wan is clearly the best guy when it comes to creat some spectacular action scenes. I also missed the use of songs during the movie, it brings dynamism as the previous movies showed, we can barely hear any song during this movie.

Spoilers

Spoiler

On the bright side, I was kinda shocked on a good way at how dark the movie is, easily the darkest movie of the franchise, I couldn't believe when they killed some characters, and at how brutal some scenes were. I don't know who said what Charlize was wasted here, she's easily the best thing, she owned the movie with that crazy/psychotic character, without no doubts the best villain of the franchise,

Helen was great as well. Overall, it's the weakest movie on the franchise since the renascence, they're going to need reinvent theirselves again really soon. B+