Neo

Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny | June 30 2023 | Very mixed reviews out of Cannes

9 minutes ago, SoSaysI said:

I have no problem with her character and would be fine seeing her again in a story that is well done.  I haha zero confidence in Kennedy as a producer at this point or that she can help usher a good Star Wars movie to completion.  

if Mangold couldn't save Indiana Jones movie, the legit awful Ms Marvel director is not going to save Rey Palpatine movie. I have no clue why that choice. Not surprised that Lindelof was bummed. I usually trash Lindelof for mystery box crap but I'm with him in this. 

• Like 4
  • Knock It Off 1

44 minutes ago, MightyDargon said:

The Prequel Trilogy still sucks. It just got the RUFFFIIIOOOO boost from those who grew up watching it and don't want to admit it.

the prequel trilogy is creative and lets my imagination run wild in the worlds it creates, that (to me) is what star wars is all about

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, screambaby said:

Revenge of the sith is awesome

As is Pod Race and Darth Maul.

Clones has...the 2 second part where Anikan uses 2 light sabers at once.

Edited by excel1
  • Like 1

59 minutes ago, MightyDargon said:

The Prequel Trilogy still sucks. It just got the RUFFFIIIOOOO boost from those who grew up watching it and don't want to admit it.

prequel trilogy only gets looked at differently now because there actually was a vision for what those movies were supposed to be(Shakespearean tragedy) even if Jorge executed them terribly.

Edited by Ozymandias
  • Like 3

27 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

if Mangold couldn't save Indiana Jones movie, the legit awful Ms Marvel director is not going to save Rey Palpatine movie. I have no clue why that choice. Not surprised that Lindelof was bummed. I usually trash Lindelof for mystery box crap but I'm with him in this. 

Yep, I don’t think Kennedy has any real vision.  Throwing stuff at the wall and hoping it sticks

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, excel1 said:

As is Pod Race and Darth Maul.

Clones has...the 2 second part where Anikan uses 2 light sabers at once.

Clones is the one Star Wars movie I just can’t rewatch again.  Everything else, even ones I don’t totally love have their moments.  That one is just so blah

5 minutes ago, screambaby said:

I'm just bummed out. Was hoping the old magic would return.

Ford's 80 Years Old.. This franchise had it's time and place and in 2023, this isn't it.. Sort of like the STAR WARS Sequel Trilogy with the Nostalgia taking one last ride into the sunset$$$$

• Like 1
  • ...wtf 1

6 minutes ago, grey ghost said:

Does that really happen with movies with a luke warm reception? 

The median score has massively increased and the obvious causal mechanism is a massive influx of new reviewers that are qualitatively different from a more narrowly defined group (like metacritic). Why wouldn't this be seen in inflated grades towards a film like cannes critics are describing IJ5? 

I started cleaning up a pre-pandemic RT review dataset so whenever I have time to complete that I can probably give you a better answer. 

• Like 1