Shawn Robbins

Thursday #s: MILLERS ($4.707m est)

There's a ton on the arthouse circuit I want to see- Act of Killing, Blackfish, Spectacular Now, In a World, Prince Avalanche, the upcoming Short Term 12 and The Grandmaster- and we're not even in Oscar season yet. They'll probably all make less than Percy Jackson 2 combined but at least some of them will be remembered a year from now.

• Like 3

There's a ton on the arthouse circuit I want to see- Act of Killing, Blackfish, Spectacular Now, In a World, Prince Avalanche, the upcoming Short Term 12 and The Grandmaster- and we're not even in Oscar season yet. They'll probably all make less than Percy Jackson 2 combined but at least some of them will be remembered a year from now.

Too many good movies, not enough dollars in my wallet.

Do you think things like the Monsanto Protection Act get passed without corporate influence?The government is corrupt because of money. That money comes from Wall Street.Wall Street was the appropriate place to stage protest.

So at the core it's Lobbying you're against.

Corporations aren't the only ones who appeal to the lawmakers you know AND get bills past.

Prince Avalanche was incredibly dull

You should go to a film festival sometime. They can be expensive, but with a good one you can see most of the years best movies in a weeks time. SXSX is the only one I can go to, but it's worth it. I will go every single year that I can.

You should go to a film festival sometime. They can be expensive, but with a good one you can see most of the years best movies in a weeks time.SXSX is the only one I can go to, but it's worth it. I will go every single year that I can.

You dont go to Fantastic Fest? Though accroding to the Spill.com guys its all rape movies lol

You should go to a film festival sometime. They can be expensive, but with a good one you can see most of the years best movies in a weeks time.SXSX is the only one I can go to, but it's worth it. I will go every single year that I can.

I saw a couple at Tribeca a few years back. The films were good, but all I really remember is waiting outside in line during a terrible storm.

I saw a couple at Tribeca a few years back. The films were good, but all I really remember is waiting outside in line during a terrible storm.

Yeah, there's a lot of waiting involved at SXSW.  I think I may have waited in lines longer than I spent watching movies.  

But, the thrill of discovering movies that you don't know anything about is worth it.  I couldn't help but notice that most of the major online critics that saw Short Term 12, saw it after me.  So it felt good to know that I saw something that I felt was a remarkable movie and then everyone else agreed with me.  I was rooming with Goldberg and told him to skip whatever he was planning on seeing and go see that shit.  He did, and of course loved it.

• Like 1