Fake

Indian Box Office Thread | Jawan overtakes Pathaan, becomes highest grossing Indian movie of 2023

How much longer is JW going to be in cinemas in India? Any chance of it beating F7?

No, it needs time to get there as it was not front loaded like AOU or FF7. It had a constant run doing week by week.Infact had long legs after avatar in India.

Unfortunately theatres are going to terminated due to huge release of baahubali in south india this week and Salman khan bhajrangi next week.

If not it would have done easily. Still going fulls in limited shows , might do 148 (23.2 USD ) before being terminated for local biggies.

If anything above that is bonus.

• Like 1

No, it needs time to get there as it was not front loaded like AOU or FF7. It had a constant run doing week by week.Infact had long legs after avatar in India.

Unfortunately theatres are going to terminated due to huge release of baahubali in south india this week and Salman khan bhajrangi next week.

If not it would have done easily. Still going fulls in limited shows , might do 148 (23.2 USD ) before being terminated for local biggies.

If anything above that is bonus.

Well it still seems to be running in Hyderabad's multiplexes despite Bahubali. If there's demand I hope the cinemas will leave at least one screen for JW. That's what it seems to be like in most cinemas with the majority of screens showing Bauhbali and one left for JW like here for example- Prasadz.com. 148cr sounds great but I really hope JW goes on to beat F7 because it truly deserves it especially if it has great legs like you said.

Thanks for the insight though! Let's see how it goes.

• Like 1

Watched bahubali today. Amazing movie. A complete new level of movie for the Indian cinema. Never before has a movie of such epic scope been made in India. The pure Grandeur and sheer Epicness of the movie was one I had never seen hitherto in Indian cinema. I hope this becomes a massive mega-blockbuster and thus start a new era of Indian Cinema!

Edited by Infernus
  • Like 3

#Baahubali film nett combined from all languages will be highest ever in Indian cinema weekend.

To explain how good this film is doing for a tollywood market , it is like bollywood movie doing 250cr nett in a weekend , almost 2.5 times the previous highest which is already a massively 1.5 times ahead the previous best

A roaring success from tollywood in terms of boxoffice

Watched bahubali today. Amazing movie. A complete new level of movie for the Indian cinema. Never before has a movie of such epic scope been made in India. The pure Grandeur and sheer Epicness of the movie was one I had never seen hitherto in Indian cinema. I hope this becomes a massive mega-blockbuster and thus start a new era of Indian Cinema!

this film is a crap compared to this director previous films in terms of story telling and content. this film is just doing good because of granduerness and epicness. this film has very mixed wom in tollywood but it is doing wonders the boxoffice , crossed the previous highest tollywood film in just 3 days which was already a massive number.

Well it still seems to be running in Hyderabad's multiplexes despite Bahubali. If there's demand I hope the cinemas will leave at least one screen for JW. That's what it seems to be like in most cinemas with the majority of screens showing Bauhbali and one left for JW like here for example- Prasadz.com. 148cr sounds great but I really hope JW goes on to beat F7 because it truly deserves it especially if it has great legs like you said.

Thanks for the insight though! Let's see how it goes.

I too want it to be all time highest . Hope it still gets enough screens , it still has enough legs to do .

• Like 1

this film is a crap compared to this director previous films in terms of story telling and content. this film is just doing good because of granduerness and epicness. this film has very mixed wom in tollywood but it is doing wonders the boxoffice , crossed the previous highest tollywood film in just 3 days which was already a massive number.

Yeah, its not that great plotwise and maybe not as good as the likes of Maghadeera but it is not crap at all. Its pretty good actually. Probably the best Indian movie yet this year.

The WOM is Amazing here in the North. I can't believe so many people were in the theatre for a south-dubbed movie here in Agra. And that's when awareness is really low for the movie here. In the theatre I watched it, the audience really really loved it. Never before had I seen such a respnse to any film here. They seemed to be absolutely perplexed by it. For the avg Indian viewer who's not too familiar with Hollywood Movies and rarely watches them on the big screen, this is a complete new experience. I think this is going to make really huge numbers all kver India.

Yeah, its not that great plotwise and maybe not as good as the likes of Maghadeera but it is not crap at all. Its pretty good actually. Probably the best Indian movie yet this year.

The WOM is Amazing here in the North. I can't believe so many people were in the theatre for a south-dubbed movie here in Agra. And that's when awareness is really low for the movie here. In the theatre I watched it, the audience really really loved it. Never before had I seen such a respnse to any film here. They seemed to be absolutely perplexed by it. For the avg Indian viewer who's not too familiar with Hollywood Movies and rarely watches them on the big screen, this is a complete new experience. I think this is going to make really huge numbers all kver India.

Magadheera was a shockingly entertaining movie, hope this is half as good.

#Bahubali will be third highest in terms of distributor share in Indian films only behind Pk , Dhoom3 at the end of it's full run.

2006 #pokiri and 2009 #magadheera were all india highest in terms of distributor share #telugu #tollywood

2007 #shivaji was all india highest and #Robo was second highest , only felt short by 12cr behind #3idiots in terms of distributor share #tamil #kollywood

(This includes overseas numbers as well)

This time #pk looks a very far cry to reach , so is #dhoom3.

This are great results for south indian movies as hindi movies 53% of indian cinema market.

What is Bahubali's OW for all languages in India?

Telugu Version = 80 crore

Hindi Version = 27 crore

Tamil Version = 23 crore

Total = 130 crore ($20.5m)

All figures are gross. Nett gross was around 100 crore.

• Like 1

Telugu Version = 80 crore

Hindi Version = 27 crore

Tamil Version = 23 crore

Total = 130 crore ($20.5m)

All figures are gross. Nett gross was around 100 crore.

Gross worldwide 165cr (all time 4th highest)

Gross only India 126cr (all time 4th highest)

Nett only india 105.7cr (all time highest)

Share worldwide 98.6cr (all time highest)

Share only India 74.7 (all time highest)

baaahubali is fantastic ...

this was my fb status aftr watching bahubali 

saw Baahubali .... my gggodddd whhaattt a movie it izzzzz!!!! 
we( telugu ppl) r realyy really lucky to be in this era of SS Rajamouli 's vision & grandeur ... definitely watch the movie ... do not dare to skip & feel regret in the coming years if u watch somewhere other than the silver screen ..u may have seen many hollywood muvis but not our own war EPIC this ours our own indian muvi & am more proud than the whole indian audiences or south indian audiences because this is my TELUGU MOVIE ... helll yeahhh its our f*****in muviii 
final word : jaiiiiii maaahishmatheeeeee

• Like 1