Fake

Indian Box Office Thread | Jawan overtakes Pathaan, becomes highest grossing Indian movie of 2023

MI RN opened close to 6.5m but was helped by wednesday and previews, thursday release down south and friday full fledged release across the country. Whereas MI6 had 3 day weekend with previews in IMAX theaters after 7-8 on thursday...mostly 1-2 shows per plex. 

MI6 3 day nett of 36.25cr is almost equal to JWFK 4 day nett of 37.50cr

• Like 3

3 hours ago, John Rambo said:

MI RN opened close to 6.5m but was helped by wednesday and previews, thursday release down south and friday full fledged release across the country. Whereas MI6 had 3 day weekend with previews in IMAX theaters after 7-8 on thursday...mostly 1-2 shows per plex. 

MI6 3 day nett of 36.25cr is almost equal to JWFK 4 day nett of 37.50cr

realistically what can Fallout gross in India?

5 hours ago, Nostalgia said:

#MissionImpossibleFallout has a TERRIFIC opening weekend... BIGGEST opening day + opening weekend for a #MissionImpossible film... Thu IMAX previews 37 lakhs, Fri 13.50 cr, Sat 16.65 cr, Sun 25.95 cr. Total: ₹ 56.10 cr GROSS BOC. India biz. #MI6... NOTE: All languages GROSS BOC.

It's higher than estimates of 7million usd ?

Yup Deadline seems to have increased the fig to 8.2m as well....which seems to have contributed to increase in OS estimates. 

BOI has reported 36.25 for 3 days which puts the gross fig close to 48-50crs. BOI is reputed with respect to figures. 

Looks like Taran Adarsh has provided studio fig of 56cr which seems a bit too high considering Saturday to sunday growth looks unrealistic. Movies like MI inspite of opening well dont tend to have exponential growth on sundays. Saturday will be the best in terms of growth but sunday will peak with minimal growth! 

Mission Impossible - Fallout Is Steady On Weekdays
Wednesday 01 August 2018 11.30 IST
Box Office India Trade Network
Google+ Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Addthis

Mission Impossible 6 - Fallout continued to hold well on Tuesday with a drop of just 5% from the previous day. The film collected 4.75 crore nett on Tuesday and has taken its five day total to 46 crore nett. The first week will be in the 54-55 crore nett range.

The highest Hollywood grosser this year is Avengers - Infinity War with nearly 225 crore nett and second best is Jurassic World - Fallen Kingdom with around 85 crore nett and this will probably be third as the Jurassic World figures looks out of reach due to the Mission Impossible run being cut short by the Independence Day releases in week three. The collections of Mission Impossible - Fallout till date are as follows.

Friday - 9,25,00,000 apprx

Saturday - 12,75,00,000 apprx

Sunday - 14,25,00,000 apprx

Monday - 5,00,00,000 apprx

Tuesday - 4,75,00,000 apprx

TOTAL - 46,00,00,000 apprx

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Premium George said:

After horrible last year, this has been a good year for both imports and locals. Race 3 disappointed big time but two 300cr. Grossers. Toh will be third although I am sceptical due to director.

Trust in Aamir khan

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Fake said:

Fallout has grossed nearly $15m in India as of last weekend, which means 103-104 crore gross.

It had only 2 more days to do any significant business, so I guess it finishes with just over 105 crore.

Yup.Cannot continue this run any further. will end grossing similar to AoU gross wise but will beat it nett wise. 

Is The Conjuring the only consistent 18+ franchise in this market (most other franchises like Hate Story/Ragini MMS have run their course).

Have a feeling that The Nun is poised to make solid bank here . even surpass most of the superhero movies not named Avengers and most probably grossing higher than any other Hollywood movie following it the rest of this year (or maybe even extend that to Avengers 4! )

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, NamakFiskKa said:

Is The Conjuring the only consistent 18+ franchise in this market (most other franchises like Hate Story/Ragini MMS have run their course).

Have a feeling that The Nun is poised to make solid bank here . even surpass most of the superhero movies not named Avengers and most probably grossing higher than any other Hollywood movie following it the rest of this year (or maybe even extend that to Avengers 4! )

I am expecting around $10m.

29 minutes ago, Charlie Jatinder said:

I was expecting it to do ₹51-53cr on its Opening Thursday followed by ₹110-120cr during Friday-Sunday for 4 days of ₹161-173cr Nett. i e. ₹205-225cr Gross or $27-30mn 4 days weekend. But...

The trailer had a mixed reception and marketing has been dull since then. There is theatre strike going in Madhya Pradesh (Indian state contributing about 3-4% of All India numbers for hindi films). Plus a friend of mine who has seen the film said its pretty average.

Considering all these factors I am expecting ₹47-48cr opening day and ₹150-160cr 4 days weekend. i e. ₹190-203cr Gross or $25-28mn.

any early reaction?