Fake

Indian Box Office Thread | Jawan overtakes Pathaan, becomes highest grossing Indian movie of 2023

4 hours ago, oMeriMombatti said:

The Kashmir Files is probably giving Akshay Kumar some nightmares as well because in all probability this will do more in its 2nd weekend than Bachchan Pandey in 1st and then RRR is releasing the weekend after.  TKM is likely going to be the most unique BO run in the history of Indian Cinema.

Bachchan Pandey is taking a really good South Indian movie and giving it to Farhad Samji to direct. It was likely never going to do well considering how the South Indian movie is pitched and how Samji's movies are normally. Jigarthanda is really good in all the remakes it got as well. This will likely be the first bad one.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, SchumacherFTW said:

@charlie Jatinder given what you've put in that post, what would you say is the sort of recipe for a true pan-indian movie to be a major smash? 

Indian cinema is multi-genre or what we say Masala which has action, comedy, songs, emotion, drama everything. A good masala film with good production values is best.

Recent PAN India HIT is PUSHPA. I highly recommend to watch it. Its on Prime Video. The sequel will blow up and possibly be 2nd biggest grosser ever.

Edited by charlie Jatinder
  • Like 1

Opening day to Full run multiples (>₹2cr+ openers)

1. Gadar (2001) - 54x
2. Queen (2014) - 36x
3. Mohabbatein (2000) - 35x
4. Pushpa (Hindi) (2021) - 33x
5. Hum Sath Sath Hain (1999) - 32x

10. The Kashmir Files - 23x (6 days)

Set for the top spot, maybe even 100x.

Edited by charlie Jatinder
  • Like 2
  • Astonished 1

1 hour ago, charlie Jatinder said:

Indian cinema is multi-genre or what we say Masala which has action, comedy, songs, emotion, drama everything. A good masala film with good production values is best.

Recent PAN India HIT is PUSHPA. I highly recommend to watch it. Its on Prime Video. The sequel will blow up and possibly be 2nd biggest grosser ever.

Shreyas Talpade deserves a lot of credit for the Hindi version boosting in a big way. It's his dialogue delivery that people are imitating.

I liked Pushpa, but it's like everything the hero does is great and everyone else is useless - which is typical Telugu movie stuff I guess.

The Trend Remains UP For The Kashmir Files

The Kashmir Files continues its upward trend on Wednesday and another 18-19 crore nett looks on the cards if not higher. There is growth again in the morning and afternoon shows again against the Tuesday numbers. There is potential to grow in shows in the morning while in the evening it gets less as shows have been going house full generally since Sunday.

The six day number of the film be around the 78 crore nett and the first week will be finish in the 95-100 crore nett. This near 100 crore nett week will be coming from a 3.25 crore nett starting point which is out of this world. Basically the week is ending at around 30 times its opening day and only god knows how many times the lifetime business will go.

The Kashmir Files is doing the unthinkable as no one could ever think a film could behave like this in the multiplex era and at collections at these levels. It will notch up a first week near 100 crore nett and the better collections will be to come.

Normally you are waiting for films to stabilise the dropping collections and here it will be where do collections stabilise on the higher side and then start to come down, only then you can get an idea where the film will be going. At the moment its just rising collections and history set to be created.

https://www.boxofficeindia.com/report-details.php?articleid=6747

39 minutes ago, grim22 said:

Shreyas Talpade deserves a lot of credit for the Hindi version boosting in a big way. It's his dialogue delivery that people are imitating.

I liked Pushpa, but it's like everything the hero does is great and everyone else is useless - which is typical Telugu movie stuff I guess.

I watched original only. Hindi dub looked bad. The Sanket Mhtare voice was better.