Fake

Indian Box Office Thread | Jawan overtakes Pathaan, becomes highest grossing Indian movie of 2023

2 hours ago, Shanks said:

I understood that. Thanks for explaining like that. 

Also, then as the GROSS of movie is, "total of what each viewers paid to watch the movie via ticket prices" regardless of who got that money - Government, Distributor, Mafia, or Politician? Theatres should know exactly what Amount of money they had earned in a day from movie tickets and that should be GROSS amount?

Why do they complicate this... 

The industry standard across the world was rental/share only. Many changed to GROSS later on and some in India changed to NETT like Bollywood. 

Tollywood continued with SHARE. It was only in 2015 with Baahubali, they started thinking about GROSS as that film did very well at National level.

43 minutes ago, charlie Jatinder said:

Worldwide #Boxoffice 25-27 Mar, 2022

1. 🇮🇳 RRR - $64M 
2. 🇺🇸 The Batman - $45.5M
3. 🇺🇸 The Lost City - $34.7M
4. 🇺🇸 Uncharted - $12.7M
5. 🇺🇸 Moonfall - $10M

Damn that's incredible, it reminds me of when Tolo Tolo by Zalone was the highest grossing film of the first week of January 2020 exclusively thanks to the Italian box office, but at least in this case RRR was smartly released in other countries as well

And Moonfall briefly returns in the top 5 thanks to the recent release in China and Netherlands (plus South Korea and Italy where it is in its second weekend), from next week it will return out of the top 20  🤷‍♂️

Edited by MG10

https://deadline.com/2022/03/rrr-the-batman-lost-city-moonfall-india-china-global-international-box-office-1234987698/amp/

The India total is still murky, but looks to be about $46M which would put the worldwide start near $60M — if the India numbers hold, they would make RRR the No. 1 movie globally this weekend. These figures come with a big asterisk as it is notoriously difficult to get solid numbers out of India, but this is what our sources indicate. Here’s the thing: there is no centralized reporting system in India and it gets even more ornery when a movie is released in four different language versions as is the case with RRR. Some areas also report net figures while others rely on gross versus share of ultimate takings

I cannot agree with deadline anymore. It is always confusing looking at Indian box office, especially for non-Hollywood titles. Reporting a net figure is already a thing in the past but still exist in India today.

• Like 1

I'm really looking forward to this because after FIVE years of filming and a decade of development and like 7 different release dates over the years, this will either be a Masterpiece of a Complete and Total Disaster. There is no in-between here anymore

20 hours ago, grim22 said:

I'm really looking forward to this because after FIVE years of filming and a decade of development and like 7 different release dates over the years, this will either be a Masterpiece of a Complete and Total Disaster. There is no in-between here anymore

Bahubali really made bollywood look small scale

They sort of have to respond with bigger scale or thier films will enjoy low grosses compared to the past. 

• Like 1

I am never doubting Rajamouli again after this. I was bit skeptical about this movie due to the British backdrop which isn't the most exciting one but boy did Rajamouli managed to pull it off again. I think this is Rajamouli's 2nd best work direction wise just behind Eega. The action sequences were so spectacularly done for the most part. That opening sequence where Ram Charan tries to control mob was so good. NTR was amazing which isn't surprising to me as he is a brilliant actor but I was bit surprised at also how good Ram Charan performed. Rajamouli really manages to get the best out of his heroes. I am gonna watch this again in theaters.

• Like 1

I also was not sure how this movie was going to be received in other languages (outside Telugu) as this was mainly about 2 Telugu freedom fighters but the WOM looks excellent in both Hindi and Tamil. The trending in Hindi looks insane. It might be hard but would love to see it touch 300C Nett in Hindi

KGF2 Advance Crosses RRR In No Time

The advance of KGF 2 (Hindi) which opened on Thursday morning has already crossed the full advance of RRR (HindI) at multiplexes in no time. The advance has mainly opened in multiplexes and single screens that open advance will open up over the weekend or Monday. It is by far the best advance for a film in Hindi post the pandemic and the best since War in 2019 if not better than that film. 

Basically KGF2 will cover the total advance of RRR (hindi) at multiplexes by the end of business today (Friday). The Cinepolis chain which was first to open advance hit the RRR (hindi) figures in less than 24 hours while Inox chain did in 24 hours and the other major chains will do within 36 or 48 hours. The ticket price rates are at the same price as RRR (hindi) and although these are high rates they worked very well for RRR (Hindi) and no doubt will work even better for KGF 2 to put up a huge opening weekend. The first day will be extraordinary as all areas will be on board unlike RRR (Hindi).

The advance of RRR (Hindi) was not great but it was still the best advance for a film in Hindi (Sooryavanshi opened at limited properties) post the pandemic and here KGF 2 is covering it in under two days which puts in line for one of the biggest advances ever for a film in Hindi or among the biggest. So far Bahubali - The Conclusion holds the record notching up 35 crore nett plus before release but how it compares with this will be known next week.

The best advance post the pandemic at multiplexes has been Spiderman - No Way Home but the tentpole Hollywood releases are at another level where advances are concerned and cant be compared especially at the pace they start. The difference between KGF 2 and Spiderman - No Way Home will be with the on the day audience which will be far superior for KGF 2 due to the mass audience in the Hindi speaking states.

It could also slowly catch the advance of Spiderman - No Way Home also as that stagnated closer to release after an insane flying start as the bigger multiplexes got sold out in the peak time screenings. Here there should be a more wider audience and on top it will have a larger advance in independent multiplexes and single screens next week.

The certainty is that KGF 2 will be competing with the biggest advances ever seen in terms of collections prior to release and could challenge any film in history outside  Avengers - Endgame and this includes Bahubali - The Conclusion, Spiderman - No Way Home and War.

https://www.boxofficeindia.com/report-details.php?articleid=6823

• Like 1