Shawn Robbins

WEEKEND ACTUALS: WTM (17.96m), Elysium (13.69m), Planes (13.39m), KA2 (13.33m), Percy (8.75m)

James Wan is on his way up. Just wait till Fast 7 makes 800 mil. He'll get to do a lot more projects.

F&F7 won't make just 800M. F&F 6 came within inch of that number so F&F 7 should come close or crack 900M. If it keep adding over 100M more to its coffers. But since this time a big name is a villain, lets aim for 1B. Hype is going to be deafening.

• Like 1

F&F7 won't make just 800M. F&F 6 came within inch of that number so F&F 7 should come close or crack 900M. If it keep adding over 100M more to its coffers. But since this time a big name is a villain, lets aim for 1B. Hype is going to be deafening.

Jason Statham is not a big name. He’s not going to help the franchise at all.

• Like 3

LOL You clearly didn't saw the insane reaction of the crowds. He was easily the most talked thing about the movie.

• Like 2

The story of the weekend is Paranoia's epic flop. I can't remember the last time a film opening in 2000+ theaters didn't make the top 12 on OW. :lol:

Also, I'm surprised by Planes' drop; I thought it'd drop more.

• Like 1

The story of the weekend is Paranoia's epic flop. I can't remember the last time a film opening in 2000+ theaters didn't make the top 12 on OW. :lol:

Indeed. I was expecting a bad OW, but not even 5M? Good god.

• Like 2

Also, I'm surprised by Planes' drop; I thought it'd drop more.

I expected it to do bad, not quite that bad. Literally made my head turn

Posted Image

• Like 3

I mean no disrespect to you.  I like you.  But this statement of yours:

:rofl:  :rofl:

Then how come no one ever goes to his movies?

I don't go to his movies and I am crazy excited to see him in FF. Sorry but that doesn't mean shit.

Edited by CJohn

I don't go to his movies and I am crazy excited to see him in FF. Sorry but that doesn't mean shit.

His presence likely won’t make a difference. The franchise will continue to gross exactly what it has before (with the possibility of a 100 million opening weekend), and do its usual 2.5 multiplier.

Edited by Boxofficefanatic

His presence likely won’t make a difference. The franchise will continue to gross exactly what it has before (with the possibility of a 100 million opening weekend), and do its usual 2.5 multiplier.

What bringing in Statham does is the exact same thing that bringing in the Rock did.  It keeps the series fresh and relevant.  The Rock isn't much of a draw by himself either.  But stick him in a franchise where he is the icing on cake, the ice cream on the pie, the gravy on the potatoes, then it keeps people interested. Statham is a well known actor and he has a presence and he is known to be a kick ass guy.  Expendables upped his profile, especially world wide.  So bringing him in means that the FF series is doing this to please the fans.  And it's brilliant.  Has there ever been a series that has gotten this strong after it reinvented itself?  I don't think there has.  

• Like 7